PDA

View Full Version : Quick: Need input on Tiny Love Mobile

hellokitty1
09-06-2005, 04:33 PM
There is a 20% off coupon code in Bargains Forum (http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=9925&mesg_id=9925&page=) that expires soon so I wanted to get anyone's feedback on the Tiny Love mobiles. They seem to be so popular yet when I looked at it on Target.com, there were an equal number of bad reviews, if not more than good reviews. In fact the person who posted the coupon code received it bc she needed a replacement part.

So what do you all think? I've read that the motor is loud or the motor dies soon after. Also, the Tiny Love site (http://www.tinylovestore.com/shop/default.asp)
says the moble is "New." But i thought it had been around a while, at least the animals.

Also, would you recommend the farmyard animals or the shapes, if you would recommend at all.

TIA!

aim
09-06-2005, 04:49 PM
We really liked ours (animals). It was the only thing that brought me 10 minutes to shower for several months. Didn't have any of the problems that I have seen mentioned. It was great

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04

justlearning
09-06-2005, 06:09 PM
I bought ours over two years ago so they may have made improvements. Ours was animals but with a monkey, I think, so I don't think it's the same one you're looking at now.

DS did really like the mobile but it came crashing down on him twice (just as I had read some reviewers at that same time report having experienced as well). It just seemed to heavey with the big ball that held the animals to stay upright correctly if bumped. Hopefully, they have improved that by now but it was a problem.

The online store where I bought it refunded my money when I called them to report my experience. They didn't make me return the mobile so I ended up keeping the music box part up on his crib. Well, that music box turned out to be a WONDERFUL way for DS to self-soothe. Oftentimes, we would hear him wake up in the middle of the night, then hit the music on and go right back to sleep. It was used every night by us without any problems until DS just recently transitioned out of his crib into a bed. So, I'm thankful to have the music box part for our next child but will probably look for another mobile to use because I don't want to risk this one falling on him.

Please post back here if you do find out if they've made any recent improvements to their design of the mobile. It really is a neat mobile so I'd like to have one if it's been redesigned to be safer. Thanks!

meshell
09-06-2005, 06:48 PM
We have one and DS loves it. At five months old, though, he's able to reach up and grab the animals. He then pulls them down to chew on them, so we took it down and just left the music box part on the side of the crib. He loves that as well...he rolls over and turns on the music himself.

I would like to add as well that Tiny Love has GREAT customer service. We received our mobile as a shower gift, so we don't know where the giver bought the item. I noticed a few weeks ago that the music from the music box was slowing down, but I'm thinking this was from DS man-handling the mobile ;-). I contacted Tiny Love customer service and told them what had happened. They sent out a replacement music box right away, and we didn't have to send our original back in! I received a response to my email within 10 minutes of send it!

Saccade
09-06-2005, 07:45 PM
In case you can't decide in time, note that www.kidsurplus.com has Tiny Love mobiles at a discount also. Your total cost may or may not be less there than at tinylove.com depending on tax and shipping (right now it's free shipping at tinylove.com for orders above $10, but if you are in CA there's state tax to pay). Also, of course, if you were planning to order something else from kidsurplus.com, you could just add it on ;) .

The supposed pre-discount prices on the mobiles listed at kidsurplus.com look like they are slightly higher than pre-discount list price at tinylove.com, but the percent off is slightly more. This can happen at kidsurplus.com (artificially high pre-discount prices quoted), so you have to watch out and comparison shop. Nevertheless, I've have good customer service and pretty fast shipping from them. No affiliation, yada yada.

-- Saccade

DS #1 born 7/13/05

schums
09-06-2005, 08:57 PM
We have the shape one and both of my DC loved it. We actually have 2 because DS wasn't ready to give up the music box when DD came along. It is the only thing that saved my sanity for many months, and it really helped DC self-soothe from a very early age (as soon as they could roll and hit the button to start the music). We never had any problems with the mobiles. The motor is a little loud, but it acts like white noise for babies, I think.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)

KBecks
09-06-2005, 09:32 PM
We liked ours. I bought it over ebay. It was dead on arrival, but the seller got us replacement parts and then it worked. I guess their customer service is good.

You only use a mobile for a few months or so. I don't think it matters what style you choose. Ours had a bird, I can't remember the other animals.

calv
09-07-2005, 06:27 AM
we have this mobile and LOVE it! DD is almost 20 months and we still use it to date! We taught her not to pull on it and sheknows better. We have the one w/the frog, monkey and I forget what other animal. Like other have said, TL's customer service is EXCELLENT! The mobile is known to stop going around w/in a month at times or the music box stop but they'll always send you a new part no ?'s asked. So worth it, IMO.

ETA: I had to run out and get a 2nd one for our baby due in OCT since we don't dare take it away from our daughter. ;)

juliasmom05
09-07-2005, 08:04 AM
We have the animal one and DD absolutely loves it. We have had it for 5 months and have had no problems with the motor.

Marci

Mom to Julia 4/12/05

magge
09-07-2005, 10:12 AM
We have the farmyard animals mobile, and my twins loved it. The batteries die quickly, but that is probably true for any of the mobiles. We have been happy with it.

mattiew
09-07-2005, 08:43 PM
We've had one with animals for 2.5 years and DD LOVED it (we still have the music box on the crib)! We've never had any problems but if I recall correctly it seems like the one with the remote control had more problems than the regular version. I highly recommend this mobile!!!

HTH!
Carrie

hellokitty1
09-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks everyone. I went ahead and bought the farmyard animals yesterday for tiny love with the 20% off, no shipping and no tax. i have no infant ot use it on at the moment but perhaps i'll run it just to make sure it doesn't conk out within the 30 day period.

Thanks.