PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Ocean Wonders

babydogs3
09-09-2005, 07:31 PM
I am thinking of getting the aquarium healthy car high chair and ocean wonders bouncer seat. I love sea life and these seem to have some great features.
Does anybody have these? Do you like them? Would you recommend them?
In case you can't tell this is going to obe my first baby.

sidmand
09-09-2005, 07:39 PM
I actually went with the fish theme myself (Finding Nemo nursery) and I have the bouncer, the travel swing, and the cradle swing.

I actually would recommend the Kick 'n Play bouncer over the Ocean Wonders one. Someone lent us the Kick 'n Play one and it's much more interesting than the Ocean Wonders one. The OW one is cute, but it doesn't do a heck of a lot or keep baby's attention for very long. The Kick n' Play one has music, lights, and toys with a mirror (DS loves mirrors!). So although it doesn't match at all, I have to say go with that one.

I haven't needed the high chair yet, although I am/was registered for the OW one. I do have the aquarium and the fish bowl as well, but haven't had the chance to use them yet, so I can't say if baby likes those. (BTW, he hates the travel swing, but has actually fallen asleep for a couple of long naps in the big cradle swing--thank goodness!)

Sorry for any typos--typing with kiddo onboard.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

NewGrandma
09-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I purchased the high chair for my grandson to use at my house. When I first started looking at high chairs I thought the added acquarium toy that sits on top was a very unnecessary item. I am so glad that I bought this high chair. My grandson loves playing with the toy while I get his food ready and when it's time to eat I remove it so he doesn't get his messy fingers all over it. While he eats he loves to chew on the attached teether toys. The snap on tray is now coming in handy for corraling his cheerios! There is nothing that I don't like about this chair. I've seen where other people don't like the bold cover but it has been nice to make the spills not quite so obvious. The straps are also dark and every little thing doesn't stand out like his high chair at home. It is a different model of the FP Healthy Start chair with a pastel cover and straps. Both are very easy to use and care for. The $10 difference was well worth it!
Linda

purpleeyes
09-09-2005, 09:29 PM
I cannot recommend the OC wonders stuff enough!! We LOVE it. DS is a year now and has been using the aquarium in his crib since he was born. We bought the OC monitor to use at my parents house, and he enjoyed the bouncer when he was younger at my MIL house!! The one comment I would have about the bouncer was that it didn't last too long-DS was a big baby and he grew out of it pretty quick.

HTH! Congrats and good luck!!

Beth

SarahK
09-10-2005, 10:56 AM
We have the Ocean Wonders cradle swing and the bouncy seat and love them both--my daughter especially loved the bouncy seat. She liked the bubbles in the toy bar and she also liked it (when she was a bit older) when I removed the toy bar and placed the bouncy seat in front of the Sparkling Symphony--she loved being at eye-level with the bouncing lights on the piano keys!!

We're looking forward to using this equipment with our second child.