PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat not for children under 18 months??

Judegirl
09-10-2005, 01:03 PM
So 16-month old dd has been driving me bonkers with her new Kinderzeat - pushing away from the table with her feet, refusing to sit correctly on it, climbing it whenever she can...and then while cleaning it yesterday, I saw a sticker that said "Not for use with children under 18 months."

I'd had no idea...bad Mommy! So is this a bad idea? Is it unsafe for her? Is this why she's driving me bonkers; she's too young for it?

Thanks,
Jude

aim
09-10-2005, 03:09 PM
My DS started using the seat at 12 months - for a while he did push away from thh table (lasted a couple of weeks, it seemed to help if I pulled him in really close to the table. He got over it) He does climb on it - but only recently and mostly to get into it to eat, so I don't mind. I don't know what the "not under 18 mo" is about I know a lot of people who started using them at about a year without any problem.

Amy
DS Bennett 1-14-04

zen_bliss
09-11-2005, 11:12 AM
if you do a search for "kinderzeat tray" or "tripp trapp" in this forum you'll find a bunch of posts & pics. with the tray, we started using it at 9 months. it kept her in the seat and occupied to get the idea of staying seated for mealtime.