PDA

View Full Version : Best DVD for the car for a ten month old?

helaina
09-12-2005, 12:16 PM
We just bought a DVD player for our car because our son hates long rides and we need a way to entertain him while we drive to visit family. Are there any DVDs out there that have more than one "show" on them? Which DVDs do you think are the most captivating for a fussy ten month old? Are there any DVDs out there that will put a baby to sleep?

amck
09-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Baby Einstein's Neighborhood Animals was (and still is @ 17 mos) a huge hit in our house! Just put it on repeat. You might get bored w/ it but I'll be your son won't. :)

amp
09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
I would have to 2nd the Baby Einstin animal dvd's. DS loves them all....Neighborhood Animals, World Animals, Baby Noah and Old MacDonald. At that age, those captivated him more than any other "movies".

betsydenny
09-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Elmo in Grouchland is our all time favorite DVD. DD loved it from about 10 months on and our DS who is just 1 loves it as well. Of all the Elmo ones, and most of the other dvds too really, Elmo in Grouchland is the best. All the great songs (C is for Cookie, RubberDucky...) there is also an Elmo's World show at the end which makes it a bit longer (good on a drive)

Your 10 mo old may not be old enough yet, but Scholastic has some great DVD's of books that have been animated. I got a 10 or 11 pack of them from Amazon and the ones we have watched so far are fantastic. Each DVD has one main story that most folks will recognize but then there are 4-5 other animated stories after the main feature that are as good or even better. The ones we love so far are Harold and the Purple Crayon, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Harry the Dirty Dog. Goodnight Gorilla we havent watched but it is a disc of all going to bed stories- may put someone to sleep maybe.

HTH!
Betsy