PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an adult and child rocking chair that can be shipped APO.

funda62
09-17-2005, 12:28 PM
We live on an army post in Germany. I desperately want to get a rocking chair for myself and one for me 4 year old DD before this baby come (February). I need an online site that would be willing to ship one here. It must be sent USPS which is usually the problem as they have restrictions on size as well as weight. Prehaps a store that sells "kits" or "flat pack furniture". I have only found one cheaply made very expensively priced glider on the German economy and our on post furniture only carriers expensive gliders as well. I just want an old fashioned wooden rocker!

sdbc
09-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Try doing a search for unfinished furniture if you are willing to finish it yourself. There are tons of places--I don't know if they ship APO, though. We got a rocker from a local unfinished furniture place and painted it white.

kboyle
09-18-2005, 01:18 AM
I know that Cracker Barrel actually has and sends adult and kids rockers. I don't know if they send to APO though.

wendmatt
09-18-2005, 02:34 AM
Keep an eye out at the PX, ours recently had little wooden rocking chairs for $20, haven't seen any adult size ones though. Try e-bay UK, they might have something and that'd be closer to ship, or you could drive over and pick it up!!

funda62
09-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Thank you for the tip on the PX. I have looked at our furniture store many times in the past two years and they have NEVER carried wooden rockers. Today I went by there and they had gorgeous adult rockers! Yeah! I can always order one for DD, but she already likes mine so maybe we'll just share! LOL

almostamom
09-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Have you tried LL Bean? I know they carry them, but I don't know if they ship APO.

Good luck,
~Linda~
DS 11/04