PDA

View Full Version : DISCOVERY TOYS recommendations?? Suggestions?

Corie
09-18-2005, 08:25 PM
My friend recently became a Discovery Toys consultant
and I was going to place an order with her. I'm not really
familiar with their toys. Does anyone have any
recommendations?

I have a daughter almost 4 years old.
I also have a son almost 1 year old.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for me!
Thank you!

hez
09-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Castle Marbleworks is Payton's and my *favorite*. He's been playing with it for about a year now, and is just getting to the point where he's pulling it apart and putting it back together again. The age suggestion on that one is a little old (2 years?)-- I couldn't find any reason not to let him play with it, especially since we play with it together. As an aside, golf balls are about the same size as the jingly balls that come with it. When he was littler, he could sit and drop the balls through it for (what felt like) hours on end.

We recently got out the Giant Pegboard-- another big hit.

Most of the rest of his toys from there were 'baby' toys-- rattles and such. You're probably past that now.

ETA: Found the website, and remembered which of his other toys are Discovery Toys (I had a party once, so got a lot of free/half-price stuff): Hammer Away-- LOTS of banging fun. Measure Up Cups-- currently being used in the tub. Rainfall Rattle-- a 'baby' toy he still likes. Tangiball-- all things ball are fun right now. Working Trio Dump Trucks-- all things vehicular are fun right now!

Oh-- and Payton loves the ABC Box 26 Alphabet Board Books. The only thing is that they disappear under furniture very easily!

My friend's 5 year old has quite a few things he still plays with-- the Tiger Bright flashlight (it roars!), Stuck-on Marbleworks (in the bath), Patterns & Pieces Lacing Set, Opposite Pairs, and Flip Flop Faces (he gets mad when Payton wants to play with these!).

Have fun picking out new toys!!!

tzipora
09-18-2005, 09:48 PM
I heartily second the Working Trio trucks recommendation! DS was inseparable from them. At 1 year, DS also adored his cousins' Hide Inside Surprise box - so much so, that SIL got him one of his own.

Can't wait to see what other recommendations come in...!

lilycat88
09-18-2005, 11:13 PM
We only have one Discovery Toy but it's a favorite. It's their "Nubby Ball". I'm sure you can find similar things elsewhere but Susanna got ahold of one when we were in a Discovery Toy display at an expo and wouldn't let go. She was only about 9 months at the time. Her first real word other than daddy, mommy or hi was ball. It's soft like a gertie ball but with nubbies all over it.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004