PDA

View Full Version : Toy cube

jse107
09-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Has anyone ever purchased one of those cubes that you see in the doctor's office with the puzzles on the sides and the bead slides on the top? I've seen them for between $50-$100 but are wondering if they're worth the investment. DS played with one at a store the other day and really enjoyed it, but as far as long term viability goes I don't know if it's worth it.

For what it's worth, he's never touched the one in the doctor's office--I'm too germ-phobic!

jennifer_r
09-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, can't comment on the long term viability since we've only had ours for about a month, but DD really likes it alot. We got it for her 1st bday. You probably won't be able to get one cheaper than $50 - I've looked and alot of them are well over $100 actually. We purchased the Parents Magazine one at Target - it was $50 and I think it's probably the best value for the money when it comes to those cubes.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

jess_g
09-19-2005, 01:40 PM
babystyle has a cute one too that both my boys (5 and 2) enjoyed playing with at the store.

http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?PMID=15812

It looks like a great toy.

Jessica.

1ontheway
09-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Have you seen the simpler ones at Target in the wood toy section? It has the beads on top, tic tac toe, abacus, puzzle, and something eles(can't remember right now) on the other. Can't find it on-lien. It's almost identical to one at my DD's ped's, and I think it was only $14.99.

Christina

zen_bliss
09-22-2005, 01:13 AM
we have had one (hand-me-down) since DD was wee and it has received minimal attention. i can't quite bear to unload it, but i can't recommend buying one. my friend's almost 4yo DS has pretty much always ignored his too. but when we go out, they play with the one in the mall family area and in the babystyle store. go figure.

HannaAddict
09-22-2005, 02:02 AM
My son loves it. We have the Parent's one from Target. He still plays with it from time to time, but it was a huge hit from 9 months to about 14 months. He has always liked fine motor stuff and was very advanced at shape sorting, etc. Not an early walker but boy could he sort shapes.

Kimberly

jse107
09-22-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks for your thoughts! I think we'll probably pass on getting one. I think they look like so much fun, but that doesn't mean DS will think so!