PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose between these two Kettler trikes

geochick
09-19-2005, 03:19 PM
My brain is swimming with Kettler trike details and I am incapable of making a trike decision right now, but I need to. Which would you choose and why? I am going back and forth between the Happy Navigator and the Limited Edition Navigator at OSA. We don't need air tires, and a seatbelt would be fine, but I don't think my ds (who will be 2 when he gets this trike) would need it. Thanks for helping me straighten these two trikes out in my brain.

brittone2
09-19-2005, 03:28 PM
If I wasn't convinced we need air tires for DS, i'd be all over the OSA Navigator. I think it is a great trike and a wonderful value for the $$$.

ETA: Actually, for me personally, I'd probably go without the Navigator wheels and go for the original Kettrike for a child who will be 2ish. You won't be pushing them that long in it. Although, for future siblings, the swivel wheels might be nice if you were using it from age one onward. So...I'm no help ;) I misread your post and thought you were talking about the Original Kettrike at OSA which is quite inexpensive overall.

What are the warranties? I thought the OSA didn't have the same warranty but I might be wrong?

If you are set on definitely getting the NAV, I guess I would go with the Happy Nav. if there's a better warranty on it. OTherwise a total tossup LOL ;)

Told you I was no help :P

Oh, and if you are going to be using it quite a bit as a stroller substitute, I guess the nav feature would be nice for that as well. Obviously both of them have it :)

geochick
09-19-2005, 04:12 PM
>ETA: Actually, for me personally, I'd probably go without the
>Navigator wheels and go for the original Kettrike for a child
>who will be 2ish. You won't be pushing them that long in it.
>Although, for future siblings, the swivel wheels might be nice
>if you were using it from age one onward. So...I'm no help ;)

I am definitely thinking of using it for future kids, so I think I want the Navigator feature for that reason.

>What are the warranties? I thought the OSA didn't have the
>same warranty but I might be wrong?

According to the following post, the warranty on the OSA is 3 years, but other post have suggested a 90 day warranty. It's an important question.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=12&topic_id=35443&mesg_id=35443&listing_type=search

Thanks for your suggestions. I have never put this much thought into any of our car purchases! This is crazy.

brittone2
09-19-2005, 04:21 PM
We're right there with you :) DH keeps saying "stop the madness and just *order* it already!"

Yes, I think warranty is a definite consideration if the price is even remotely close.

Such dilemmas we have ;)

edited to fix a typo