PDA

View Full Version : Christmas List for 10mo?

stephanie2377
09-20-2005, 11:05 AM
I'd like some input on what toys your babies enjoyed when they were around 1yo. My son will be almost 10mo at Christmas. I have some ideas already (ring stacker, shape sorter, board books) But, I wanted some other ideas.

I am not into the big flashy, light up musical toys. I love the 'good ole toys'. But, I do want toys that he will enjoy for a while.

Ideas??
Stephanie

holliam
09-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Playsilks, balls, blocks, musical instruments, a push walker thing like the Radio Flyer walker wagon.

We don't do plastic, commercial, or battery-operated toys here either .. just simple things. :)

Holli

brittone2
09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
What Holli said LOL ;)

DS enjoyed a set of musical instruments, some peg puzzles (the jumbo knob kind...he could do them around 12-14 months I think?), balls, I think I put a Thomas engine in his stocking for later, some Holztiger animals, the Ikea Farm (I think they've changed it now but we have the old red barn style) set, ring stacker, and shape sorter were the gifts I remember getting him around that age. Oh, and the Melissa and Doug cutting food set...he really likes that with his play kitchen now, but he had some interest in it around 12ish months (some of these items were for his birthday and some for Christmas last year).

A basic set of wood blocks (we have the cheapo Melissa and Doug unit blocks and don't mind them so far...probably won't be heirlooms but DS doesn't seem to care!) would be nice and it is something you can add to. Barclay blocks get great reviews around here and we would like to get some of those eventually.

Ikea has a super simple train set for $15ish. DS probably won't be ready for it for a few months but he might like playing with just the trains themselves around 12 months (DS got interested in trains quite a bit around 15 months and plays with them everyday at 19 months).

For balls, Gertie and O-balls are pretty cool :) Felted wool balls that jingle would be lots of sun too. Silks are always fabulous :)

If you are looking to do one big gift instead of a bunch of small ones, the Learning Tower is awesome (we started using it around 16 months I think) and a lot of people buy trikes like Kettlers and use them starting at a year old or so (with a seatbelt and pushbar) with their kids...kind of a glorified stroller. A nice ride on toy without pedals could be cool too and kids generally get into those around 18ish months (if you want to buy for things he'll want to play with down the road).