PDA

View Full Version : Great deals we got today at a Waldorf rummage sale...

brittone2
09-24-2005, 01:31 PM
Can I say how much I loooove living near a Waldorf school? They had a rummage sale today, and we got some amazing deals! I picked up quite a few wooden toys for a great price, but here were some of the best:

A wooden cash register for $7. It is German-made. I can't find it on the web, but it is very very similar to the one selling at Maukilo for $119, but no external bell (it does ding when you open the cash drawer).

Two wooden booster seats...they look brand new, and I've never seen anything like them. We bought 2 for $5 each.

One of those marble track games...a set of 30ish pieces for $1

The snails boardgame for toddlers/preschoolers...can't think of the name but it is really cute...50 cents :)

A wooden pounding bench for $1

Tons and tons of books for 50 cents to a dollar each (including the DaVinci code for me)

Several wooden vehicles for $1 each (ambulance, fire truck, police car, and bus)

A set of 3 brio train cars and a piece of track for $3.

A Hanna turtleneck for DS that looks new for $1

We went back later and they were giving away clothes for $1 a bag, and we scored several Talbots Kids items that looked brand new.

The best part...this was all going to support Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. We spent some $$ but I"m putting some of the items away for a "rainy day box' for DS and some of the things will be put away until he's older. I bumped into this sale totally by accident and I'm so glad I did. The prices weren't as cheap as your typical yardsale, but your typical yardsale doesn't sell wooden toys and I loved that the proceeds were going to Katrina victims.

Thanks for letting me brag about our bargains today...with DH in school it is a big help to get some deals on things to put away :)

redhookmom
09-24-2005, 02:30 PM
A "Waldorf rummage sale," sounds yummy!

Happy playing with your good deals.

redhookmom
09-24-2005, 02:30 PM
A "Waldorf rummage sale," sounds yummy!

Happy playing with your good deals.

kaylinsmommy2
09-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Wow! You are super lucky! Those are AWESOME deals. :) Plus you helped some Hurricane survivors.
Caroline
Kaylin 6/5/04

http://b2.lilypie.com/9KMlm7/.png[/img][/url]

starrynight
09-24-2005, 10:00 PM
That is awesome!! I would have gladly paid those prices for stuff like that. I would never find something like that around here. Good for you!

ett
09-24-2005, 10:50 PM
I picked up a bunch of books for DS at our library's used book sale today, but you definitely got the better deal! Have fun with your finds.

brittone2
09-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks everyone! It was just a really fun experience made even better knowing the money was going toward a wonderful cause. We would *never* have had something like this back when we were living in PA, so I'm enjoying soaking it all in here.

We stopped at the Waldorf school store on Friday actually so I could pick up some wool. I'm starting to needle felt...it is addictive!! I'm trying to make some little felted Waldorf-y dolls and some animals for DS's stocking :) I was eyeing up their selection of Ostheimer and Kinderkram while I was there but didn't buy any this time ;)

Thanks for letting me share. I don't have too many IRL friends who would "get" how excited I was over this LOL. It has been a rough week or two around here stress-wise so it was an exceptionally big treat to do some fun shopping for a good cause.

brittone2
09-25-2005, 02:06 PM
http://www.novanatural.com/product.phtml?pr=4359&sec=113

This is the one we ended up with for $7...much better than $60 plus shipping!

Anyway, I wanted to post it since I identified it finally just in case anyone considers this one for a gift and has questions about it.