PDA

View Full Version : Costco has KidKraft kitchen

alkagift
09-28-2005, 02:36 PM
I saw it there this morning, I think it's the kitchen ISLAND. I'm clueless enough about these things to assume that there weren't that many types, so I only noticed the fact that there was a paper towel holder on the end. It may have been this:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29581.jpg

In any case, it was smallish but it was definitely KidKraft.

They only had pastels and it was $100.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!

Are you TTC and want to share with BBB friends? Join us! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB_TTC/

Vajrastorm
09-29-2005, 02:50 PM
I went to Costco today and checked it out.

It was called the Ultimate Kitchen, and seems to be a blend of the two other Kidkraft kitchens.

It is one sided, like the big one, with a full fridge and freezer. Next to the fridge is the "island" - an oven and a dishwasher underneath four burners and a sink. There is a paper towel holder on the end, like the Island, and a mircowave above the stove.

Because it is one-sided, the oven and dishwasher are deeper than the Island. The dishwasher had a pull-out tray for dishes. (Cute!)

It also comes with a 24 piece plastic plate/cup/utensil set.

The colors are pastel, but less "girly" than the Island pastels. More yellow than pink or purple. I wouldn't call it gender neutral, but if you aren't picky it would work for a boy.

It is $94.

Personally, I like it better than the other two Kidkraft kitchens. And the price - can't beat that!

They didn't have any set up, so everything I'm reporting is based on the box. I think it looks like a great deal. If the grandparents hadn't helped us get the Land of Nod set, I'd be very tempted to buy the Costco kitchen.

mtrattner
09-29-2005, 03:01 PM
If anyone goes and gets a chance will they take a picture and post it? Our only Costco is over an hour away but we are thinking of getting DD a kitchen for Christmas. I hate to drive an hour to just see if we are interested. Thanks!
:) Melanie

The Review Mommy
09-29-2005, 06:47 PM
Melanie,

I was at Costco today before I read your post….sorry no pics! :( But I do remember a few things about the kitchen that I’d like to post.

If you’ve seen any of the pastel KidKraft kitchens and islands IRL and liked them then you will love this one! The ultimate is a mixture of the two with the best combination of features. Let me explain:

It has the layout of the full kitchen including the fridge, microwave, oven and sink. They have taken the stove top from the island version (so it is not one flat surface like the full kitchen), and added the dishwasher as well under the sink instead of just a plain door. Theirs an added paper towel holder on the side like the island, and they have added hooks under the microwave for hanging cups. It comes with a set of dishes: plates, cups, utensils, and maybe bowls.

FYI I’ve seen the full kitchen version listed on line from $159-199.99 (not including shipping)! So I think it’s a phenomenal price! I would definitely recommend driving the hour to get it! Just call in advance and have them hold it for you. Especially if you wait until Nov or Dec, they could have low stock.

Happy Hunting! :)
-Rebekah

sdbc
09-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks for posting this. I'm checking it out today (a friend has a costco membership). Do Costcos usually have the same stuff? (Will our Costco have it if others do?)

alkagift
09-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Speaking only for the train tables, yes, most have the same stuff. I've not seen any Kidkraft kitchens there before, so this was a first.

Thanks to the previous poster who went and actually verified what they had--I new the island didn't seem right, but I couldn't find anything else with a paper towel roll on it!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew, who is TWO!

Are you TTC and want to share with BBB friends? Join us! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB_TTC/

mtrattner
10-01-2005, 05:22 PM
The picture is finally on the website but the price online is 139.99 with free shipping.

I would put the picture on here but I have no idea how to do that. Sorry.

:) Melanie

Vajrastorm
10-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Here it is: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11068941&whse=&topnav=&cat=&s=1

sdbc
10-01-2005, 09:09 PM
We just got the Costco kitchen yesterday. It did take me 3.5 hours to put it together, but it was worth it. DD LOVES it! It was less than $100 (just around $100 with tax).

Thanks for letting us know about this!

amp
10-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Thanks to everyone who's done the research on this! We don't have a costco membership, but we have friends who do (I think) and might be able to get in there if we decide to go w/ one of these.

Anyway, my biggest dilemma is that while we don't have a lot of gender issues here, I'm wishing this wasn't pastel. But I'm still tempted to get it for DS. Even DH said, "It just looks like it's out of the 50's", meaning it doesn't bother him that much, so maybe we'll get it.

We're also looking at the Constructive Playthings model for $160 (or whatever that price was). I just hope we figure it out before all the options are gone.

sdbc
10-02-2005, 12:06 PM
I think for the price, it might be worth it to get it and paint over the pink parts if the girliness bothered you at all. A metallic silver, or a sage green would look nice and more boyish. The main pink parts are the dishwasher door and the "tiles" above the island. The door would be easy, the tiles you would have to use tape to get the same design, or you could just paint that whole backsplash a solid color.

fauve01
10-02-2005, 11:59 PM
I am so bummed! i went to my costco today to get it and they don't have it! hopefully they will get it. they did have the magicook kitchen (for $70)
http://store.babycenter.com/product/toys/imaginative_play/5352?ccClick=&slot=1&ct=image&pid=5352&url=%2Fpregnancy&xTopic=pregnancy

but it is just not nearly as cute as the kidkraft. sigh.

Anne + DD 10-03

ett
10-03-2005, 12:11 AM
I just saw this at my local Costco for the first time last week, so my guess is that your store hasn't received it yet. I think each store gets stuff at different times.

Toba
10-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I just called my Costco and they have 44 of them in stock! I'm pretty sure I'm going to get this for my son for Christmas. I just wish it wasn't so pink. :( I just can't pass it up though. Thanks so much!!

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

spunkybaby
10-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I went to Costco yesterday and couldn't find it either. I asked at merchandise pick-up, and they said that the Kidkraft kitchens are on order and should be in by next week.

Not-so-new mom to a spunky baby
March 2004

amp
10-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Yep, our local store supposedly has 2 right now, but 20 more on order and due in next week. Keep checking if you store doesn't have it yet. They did not know whether they would be putting one on display, but I've heard tell that lots of stuff that started out strictly boxed later got put out as the holidays approached, as a draw for the kiddos/parents.

momofjandl
10-03-2005, 02:58 PM
So we don't have a membership. Am thinking of getting one..but the nearest one is 30 to 45 min away.

We have a BJs 15 min away. So now I don't know if it's worth it to get the membership to get the kitchen or not. Any ideas? Do you find costcos is like bjs...do you get good deals on other things?

For those of you that got this kitchen or have a kidkraft like it...is it sturdy enough for 2 toddler boys. Is it good size? My 2.5 yr old is the size of a 4 yr old. I don't mind the colors so much and can certainly paint it.

Thoughts...is it even big enough for 2 kids to play together?

Thanks!
Ruth

spunkybaby
10-03-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm also wondering how big the kitchen is. If you have the kitchen, would you mind measuring it and posting the dimensions?

Thanks!

March 2004

amp
10-03-2005, 05:05 PM
We don't have a membership either, but anytime I want something there, I find someone who does and have them take me to get it and pay them cash or write them a check for it.

mommab
10-04-2005, 01:17 AM
I jotted down the dimensions of the Costco version (from the box) the last time we were there (to compare to the standard Kidcraft kitchen), and they appear to be very very close in size! The dimensions of the Costco Kidcraft wood kitchen (includes a 24-piece dinnerware set):

Length: 42.5"
Width (depth): 15.75"
Height: 41"

The dimensions of the standard Kidcraft wood kitchen off the Creative Brains website:

Length: 42"
Width (depth): 16"
Height: 41.5"

I'd be interested to know what others think of the two kitchens, as I'm in the market for a wooden kitchen for dd for Christmas!

mominjune
10-04-2005, 03:14 AM
Thanks for the info on the kitchen OP, I'll definitely be considering it.

FYI, for those without a Costco membership, if finding someone with a membership to go with you is a hassle, you can also get some a member to buy a cash card for you. For example, you could have them buy a $100 cash card, and you can get in the door that way without a membership. This works well if you are only going once in a while for specific things. I'm not sure what happens if your bill is $115 for example and your card is for $100, most likely you just pay the difference with cash.

spunkybaby
10-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Thank you! That's very helpful!

March 2004

missym
10-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the info, everybody! I was on the verge of ordering the "old" version of this kitchen for DD's Christmas present. Even with buying a Costco membership, I saved $40 over what I had planned to spend, and I like this newer version better. :)

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03 and Rebecca 09/05