PDA

View Full Version : When did your DC lose interest in Little People?

mattiew
09-28-2005, 04:46 PM
DD will be 3 in Nov. and loves her Little People sets (she is very into pretend play). She has been asking for additional sets but I don't want to buy them if she will soon be too old for them. I remember playing with Fisher Price "little people" sets so I'm sure I was much older than 3 but things seem to have changed so much.....sigh! Anyway, I was curious as to how old your child was when Little People were to babyish.

Thanks!
Carrie

Thatchermom
09-28-2005, 05:59 PM
We're only a year ahead of you, but it seems like DS's interest is gaining rather than losing. I can hardly put them all away lately. When he went to Toysrus with a giftcard from his birthday, Little People is what he chose. (Legos were a close second!) He loves to look at the little brochure that comes in the box and dream about what set he wants next. While I dream about a bigger house to store them all!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29583.jpg

kk
09-28-2005, 06:55 PM
I have an almost 5 year old (and a 3 year old) who LOVES little people. We're not even close to losing interest. I'm finding that she "mixes 'n' matches" her toys-- Little People in the barbie jeep, Polly Pockets on the train set, Barbies in the tonka trucks, etc. good luck. Kristan

wendmatt
09-29-2005, 01:52 AM
DD is almost 3 and never really played with her little people and I thought it was a waste that I'd bought any. But she has started to do pretend play with them so I don't think she'll go off them, rather get more interested.

s7714
09-29-2005, 01:54 AM
Glad you posted this, because I've been wondering the same thing. My older DD, who's 2.5, has been looking in the LP "catalog" that comes with all the sets practically every day and always comes over to tell me what new one she wants. (It's funny because she'll walk around with the catalog in hand, looking at all her LPs like she's mentally checking off what she does and doesn't have.)

I know I was still playing with my LP until I was at least 7 or 8, but you're right, kids have changed since we were little...

Jennifer
Mommy to
Annalia 3/03
Sophia 6/05

When raising kids the days are oh so long, but the years are short.--John Leguizamo

muskiesusan
09-29-2005, 05:56 AM
Although not a favorite, Nick, 4 yo, does play with them more now than ever before.

I have decided that most toys are introduced too early anymore. It kind of hard since most boys his age are playing with Star Wars and Spiderman!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

jasmine
09-30-2005, 11:47 PM
DS just turned 4 and I thought I could give away his LP sets, but he absolutely would not let me. With all the recent TRU and Kohls clearances, his collection has actually increased dramatically in the last month. He plays with them almost everyday so I think it will be a while before he outgrows them. My friend's granddaughter is 8 and she still plays with them with her little sisters.

Globetrotter
10-01-2005, 02:26 AM
Well, I bought them for dd when she was 1.5. Now they belong to ds, who is 2.5, but my dd (who is almost 6!) still plays with them! They're great for imaginative play..

Kris

AngelaS
10-01-2005, 04:34 AM
My almost 8 yo will still play LP with her little sister.

mattiew
10-03-2005, 10:52 PM
I really appreciate everyone's input!! And I LOVE the little people play picture; that is quite a collection : )

Thanks again!
Carri