PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Drop and Roar Dinosaur?

o_mom
09-29-2005, 04:02 PM
Does anyone have the FP Drop and Roar Dinosaur?

http://www.fisher-price.com/us/infanttoys/product.asp?id=33158

Sam's club has one for $38 with something like 12 extra roll arounds. I'm thinking of gettting it for an 8 month old and wondered if it was entertaining? Too noisy? etc.

TIA!

bchafin
09-29-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't have this, but I think it looks great! We have the gumball machine and my DS still loves it. We also have the turtle, but that isn't as popular. He prefers to drop the balls in and push the lever to have them come out rather than just spinning. It looks like the dino is similar to the gumball machine in that you drop the balls in and then they pop back out. He is 18 months now and I'm afraid he will outgrow this soon, or I'd probably get it for him. The turtle and the gumball machine are noisy (DS loves that). You can turn the sound off on those two and it will still work, you just have to listen to the balls crashing around. As for age, DS was 9 months when he got the gumball machine and was able to work it imediately.

kboyle
09-29-2005, 11:10 PM
oooohhhhh...I think I want it for myself! I guess I'll just have to wait a bit b/c ds2 will only be 4 mo around xmas and ds1 will probably loose all the balls before ds2 even gets to play with it.

AngelaS
09-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I just bought this for dd's birthday. We'll open it on the 9th. LOL :D

AngelaS
09-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh and it's on sale this week at TRU for $30.

o_mom
09-30-2005, 03:52 PM
I went ahead and got the Sams club version, since I have regretted not getting things there in the past. It came with 16 Roll-a-rounds altogether for $38 before tax. I didn't find any deals that would get the dinosaur and two 6-packs of balls for less than $40, but I can always return it if I find a better deal.

Now I just have to wait for Christmas. :-)