PDA

View Full Version : 2 year old DD Bday

HeatherW
09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Hello:

Need advice on what to give DD for her BD. I have a wooden dollhouse stashed away and can't decide to give it to her or wait until next year- her BD is in Nov., and for X-mas she'll be getting a kitchen and accessories.

Should I give her the dollhouse? Wait till next year?

Other suggestions for gifts? Dree up clothes? Legos? Play table?

Thanks,

H

sdbc
09-29-2005, 09:36 PM
My DD is younger than yours, so I can't speak from experience for that age, but so far I've found that it works best for us if I spread out when DD gets new toys. It gives her the chance to get used to playing with them before being distracted by something different. I personally wouldn't give the kitchen and dollhouse so close to each other--they are both such great gifts that I kind of feel like the each "deserve" to be special. What about the kitchen and a few accessories for her b-day, and then more accessories for Xmas? Then next year the dollhouse for b-day and furniture for Xmas?

HeatherW
09-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Thank you for your ideas! You have made my weekend less stressful!

H

mattiew
09-30-2005, 02:54 PM
We are a year ahead of you. DD received her kitchen set after Christmas when she was two (it was her Nov bday present but was on back order). Now that she is turning three she is really interested in pretend play; I would give her the kitchen and save the doll house.

HTH!
Carrie