PDA

View Full Version : Barclay blocks 20-30% off through Oct 4th

brittone2
10-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I was snooping around their site briefly today and noticed they have a 20-30% off sale running through Oct. 4th. I know a lot of mamas here have these blocks and have been very pleased with them.

Just a heads-up in case anyone is interested in holiday shopping, etc.

http://www.barclaywoods.com/home.htm

tarahsolazy
10-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks Beth, I had planned on Grandpa and Grandma getting Forrest a set for Christmas. My mom loves to buy on-line, and early. She said she'd order right away! I told her to get seconds, I thought the different color variations, etc, might give the blocks more character.

mudder17
10-01-2005, 07:56 PM
We have the seconds and they're really quite nice. :) Kaya likes the little ones at the moment.

ETA: Kaya was able to stack towers today--I was pretty impressed. She was even able to hold two of the smaller ones in one hand and stack them both together. I was a little worried about getting the bigger sets so early, but now I'm glad I decided to get a couple of the big sets (one infant and one toddler). I only have one out at the moment (the infant one), but I think I'm definitely going to get my money's worth on these. :)

Eileen

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/images/smilies/candle.gif for Leah
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif , 19 months, hoping for 2 years
http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatcvi20040222_4_Kaya+is.png
Kaya's a cousin! 1

eb1
10-01-2005, 08:39 PM
I ordered some a couple months ago and love them. We got the seconds; the color is fine. Don't be surprised that there ARE some imperfections in some of the blocks, but I think that would be the case in the "firsts" too.

Just wanted to mention, though, that this sale has been going on for a couple months, at least. It was going on when I bought our blocks, and I've checked back a few times because I might get some blocks as gifts for friends, and the sale has been going on the whole time. The sale "end" date seems to get updated on Tuesdays.

Of course, one of these days the sale will really end, I'm sure!

brittone2
10-01-2005, 11:53 PM
I haven't been to their site in ages so I wasn't sure how often the sale is running. I thought there was a thread several months ago saying their prices tend to go up before Christmas? I could be wrong but if that is indeed the case it would be a good time to take advantage of the sale. DS is happy w/ his cheapo Melissa and Doug rubberwood unit blocks so far but eventually we may go for some Barclays.

Thanks for the info on the fact the "sale" will probably be going on for some time yet.

I definitely would go for seconds if we were ordering. I have no problems with blocks that have a little character ;)

alexanderg
10-02-2005, 12:32 PM
Our prices do tend to go up in the fall, but not by much, and never by the entire amount. They will stay at this price for a few more weeks at least. Our sales change on Tuesday (usually) but most often this is only a few items at a time. However, it is hard to anticipate when this will happen and we do not announce it in advance and try to avoid making promises about it over the telephone.
We will be adding imported Birch blocks some time after October 15th and these promise to be very nice indeed - a little lighter and softer than Maple, but very similar to it in weight, color and texture. We have not seen these as yet so I can't comment on the workmanship. They are made in Northern China from Siberian Birch and the samples have been very good. We anticipate that these will sell for about 10% less than the Maple seconds.
Seconds are always a good buy for those who are indifferent to flaws of color, but as they are not much cheaper than firsts, some thought should be given to this. Unlike some toys that last just a few years - expect these toys to go to probate. It's nice to have a set of firsts to pass along.
We are grateful for and a little embarrassed by the many kind comments about our blocks. Persons who have specific questions are welcome to call or to e-mail us from our web site.

Sandy Galvin
Barclay Blocks

eb1
10-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the information about the sale and the new blocks.

I do have to say that while I'm quite happy with the set of seconds that we bought, and the color really is "fine" as I stated above, I will probably buy firsts for any additional purchases.

brittone2
10-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the assistance! Your blocks have developed quite a reputation around here, and the parents on this board tend to have rather refined tastes ;) A great product is always appreciated by the parents who hang around here :)