PDA

View Full Version : What should I get to add to the Costco train table?

nicknack
10-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Woohoo! MIL bought Brooks the table for his birthday, I'm SO excited! Now I'm wondering what you'd suggest I get to add to the table in terms of accessories. I haven't checked it out yet, does it come with enough track or should I get that figure 8 set from Thomas? I'm planning on getting some Thomas trains. Anything else?

Thanks!
Nicole

geochick
10-03-2005, 01:12 PM
I purchased this set for my ds's Christmas present. I added a figure 8 and a bunch of Thomas trains since I've read that the trains/track that comes with the set aren't quite as well made as the Thomas stuff. I also bought a DVD or two so that my kid could watch and see how it all works and which characters are which. I don't think you'll need much else since the set comes with so much fun stuff.

HannaAddict
10-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I would get a battery powered Thomas engine. The engine can also be used turned off. We just started the trains and my husband wanted a battery powered engine! My son actually loves to watch it go around and pull a huge train up the hills. It has a little light on the front too (I think we have James). My son doesn't watch tv so he doesn't know the characters, but he loves the trains. The Coscto set looks great with the parking garage, etc. I think just some more engines and cars and you'll be set. Have fun.

Kimberly

geochick
10-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Oh, I ordered my ds a train whistle too. It's pretty easy to blow and I think he'll get a kick out of it.

brittone2
10-04-2005, 03:21 PM
we just picked up a train whistle for DS's stocking at World Market for $3 or so :) They are pretty cute :)