PDA

View Full Version : My 7 week old needs an activity gym. I heard Gymini is great but how about Flutterbye???

LuxyBebe
10-03-2005, 03:01 PM
In my search of an activity gym for my little daughter I was overwhelmed to see that there were 80 bagillion choices out there. I read that the Gymini's are great in the ratings with parent but I also saw FP's Flutterbye. I was just wondering if anyone has had this gym and what their pros and cons on it was or should we just go with the consensus and get the Gymini?

My husband seems to think we should go ahead and get either Ocean wonders rocking aquarium or the little tykes 5-1 just because when dd can sit up she can still use the toy. What do you think? Should I just go with one of those? ARGHHH i'm so fickled between the choices.. PLEASE HELP!!! ok little dramatic but thanks for your input in advance!

Kim

Here are the three we're torn about.

FLutterbye:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002XO5T2/qid=1128367506/br=1-6/ref=br_lf_ba_6//104-1296944-6776724?v=glance&s=baby&n=731820

OW Rockin Aquarium gym:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002XO5VU/qid=1128367506/br=1-8/ref=br_lf_ba_8//104-1296944-6776724?v=glance&s=baby&n=731820

Little Tykes 5-in-1:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00079RC5K/qid=1128367506/br=1-9/ref=br_lf_ba_9//104-1296944-6776724?v=glance&s=baby&n=731820

deannanb
10-03-2005, 03:19 PM
We bought the Gymini when DS was 4 months old - I wish I had bought it sooner.

The other Flutterby looks very similar -
The other two look fun - but with everything else we had for DS I wanted something non-electrical.

He had the mobile in the crib along with the OW for the crib.

Find a used kids clothing store or consignment store in your area and see what they have. You can tell what people didn't like by how many they have in the store. Maybe you can find one of the electric toys for cheaper than in the store. Clean it and it should be as good as new!

o_mom
10-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I don't have any of these, but I recently picked up a Gymini at a garage sale ($3 - Score!). I have been super impressed with the quality - it holds up to so much pulling. Tiny Love has all kinds of cute toys to add but you can hang anything on it. It can also be used sitting up. We are currently propping in the boppy and he plays with it that way sometimes. The Flutterbye looks similar to the Gymini, but check how much tugging you think it can take. (Think 15lbs of baby hanging on one toy)

Our last one was a fisher-price hand-me-down (not Flutterbye) and it would flop over with any pulling on the toys.

The other two don't seem nearly as good for a gym. Our 5 month old rolls and scoots all over the mat to get to all the different toys. He gets alot of practice reaching for and trying to get to toys at all different heights and directions. The OW and LT ones only have one arch and seem very one-dimensional. I don't know if I am describing this very well, so let me know if you want more explanation.

BTW - I thought BRU had the B&W Gymini for $29 last week, so you may check the store for prices.

bricorssk
10-03-2005, 04:53 PM
We had the FP flutterby and DD LOVED it. It never tipped over for us and had plenty of spots to add more toys. DD also enjoyed the bird.