PDA

View Full Version : Pretend PUSH LAWN-MOWER...any suggestions??

Corie
10-07-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm not familiar with alot of the "Boy" toys and I would
like some recommendations for a pretend Lawn Mower
for my son.

Thanks so much for your help!! :)

HeatherW
10-07-2005, 08:18 AM
I have seen one by John Deer at a local toy store, and even at Toys R us. There are lawn mowers that make noises and some that emit bubbles when pushed.

http://www.growingtreetoys.com/product/4616

cheaper here..
http://www.trains4tots.com/jodeaclamo.html

I think I may have to get this one, though!

http://www.thebackyardco.com/Products/backyard-toys-sports/childrens-grown-up-toys/kids-bbq-grill-set-with-apron.php

Good Luck!

H

Joolsplus2
10-07-2005, 01:18 PM
My friend's dd had one that squirted water...that was SO annoying when the dad actually PUT water in it! :P
A bubble one would have been cute, I think.
There's a 6 yo across the street from us now who still pushes his around the yard, not sure what brand it is, but it's cute to see the he still plays with it.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

amp
10-07-2005, 02:16 PM
We have 3!

1 - John Deere - Pricey, and noisy, but fun and cute! It has tubing cut up inside where the blade is to resemble grass.

2 - Fisher Price Bubble Mower - this sat outside (duh) in the heat and a belt broke inside, so after 3 wks of ownership, it no longer blew bubbles. We even tried replacing the belt, but it's not really feasible. Still works to push around.

3 - An off brand cheapie from Kmart. This also blows bubbles, but not by pushing it. You turn it on and it blows bubbles and it is LOUD!

My son loves having these and he shows no preference. I don't know that any of them is especially my favorite, but I like that Jacob likes them.

Corie
10-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks, Andrea! I appreciate your descriptions
of each model. That helps alot! :)

Corie
10-07-2005, 09:12 PM
I really like the look of the John Deere!
And the fact that it has fake grass swirling around
inside! That is so fun! :)

darby24
10-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Thumbs up for the John Deere here! My nephew has the John Deere model, it's his favourite thing. He got it at 6 months (I bought it when he was 3 weeks old!) and plays with it daily still at 3 years (honestly, it's daily!) I forget how much it was, I bought it at a John Deere dealer.

Last summer (at age 2) he couldn't pull the handle the make the grass go until the end of the summer. It was a tight pull and he didn't have the strength. At that time the string broke, so the grass doesn't go around anymore. He didn't seem to care. I was able to fix it this summer, but it broke after 2 days. he doesn't care, it still works well and he makes the sound himself.

I'll have to say the JD is one of the most stable (not thin plastic) ones out there and puts up with a ton of abuse! It's also taller (than others I've seen) so only this year has he had to bend over. I'd buy the JD 10x over - can't say anything bad :-)

squimp
10-08-2005, 01:59 AM
My DD has the cheapie from Kmart, so she could copy daddy. Earlier his summer, mowing the lawn was the coolest thing ever. The Kmart one requires batteries for the bubble blowing. She pushed it around all summer, and enjoyed turning on the super loud noise!

sue_g
10-08-2005, 09:56 AM
One lawn mower that wasn't mentioned is the LIttle Tikes one. We have it and it gets used every day.

muskiesusan
10-08-2005, 11:51 AM
We have two of the Little Tikes and they have been a favorite for 3 years. Look like new, too.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

ethansmom
10-08-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes, we have the LTs and LOVE it!

Originally looked at JD but it was a bit pricey...Based on reviews of the FP on amazon, we returned that and went w/the LTs. It too has little balls that are supposed to be the grass. I think they both make a popping noise (or some sort of noise).

The JD folds up for better storage, but to me, that makes it a bit less sturdy - not for everyday use, but when my DS decides to shove it down the stairs instead of letting me carry it. ;-)

Anyhow, we've had the LT mower since April, it's a favorite which has been played w/constantly, and it's held up to all kinds of abuse.

darby24
10-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Duh! Totally forgot about the LT one! We don't have it, but it looks like it would stand up to plenty of abuse!

momof1squirt
10-11-2005, 05:37 PM
My son has the Mike the Mower. We got it from Toys r Us for about $10. He LOVES following daddy around and "mowing". It talks and makes mowing noises too.

Andrea W :)