PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of train table tops - landscapes and all ?

Lynnie
10-07-2005, 02:45 PM
More on the great train topic -

I was wondering if anyone who has a train table would mind posting a picture of the design on the table. The table I bought (still hidden for holidays) has only green on both sides. I have since seen the really cool one in costco, but don't want to buy a whole new table, since I am going to take people's advice, just buy a simple figure eight train, and see how the kids like it before going crazy.

So, I am going to try to paint a landscape on one side of the green table top. You know, with some roads for the hot wheel cars, and some scenery and lakes and whatnot. Problem is, I am not artistic. If I had a bigger shot of what some of the scenes look like, maybe I would have a good idea of what kind of background to try to paint on. I have seen the boards for sale, but they are usually pretty pricey, and would be more than I spent for the whole table (at thrift shop), and I can't really get the photos to enlarge on my computer. This way, if table is a hit, I can get the transportation city set, with all the trains and stuff, as well as the board top, for kids birthday in early april. IF not, I'll still have a nice train table, which I can give away if they never use it, but will not have spent an additional $125+ on top of the initial, albeit small outlay for the plain table.

Way too much info, I know, when all I want is a sneak peek at some of the scenery on people's train tables. sorry !

new_mommy25
10-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Here are pictures from the creativetrains.com site.

HTH!

Mommaof2
10-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I saw Pottery barn was selling a decorated top for only $19.

jamsmu
10-09-2005, 05:46 PM
TRU had a bunch of tops on their Green Tag 50% off sale the other day.