PDA

View Full Version : Highchair vs Booster Seat

momma_boo
10-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Is there any reason for me to lug up my Prima Pappa highchair from the basement? I just started solids w/ the baby a few weeks ago and after initially trying to feed her in the bouncy seat and exersaucer, started using the Health Care Booster Seat that we had for my toddler.

I'm trying to think of any reason that I SHOULD bring up the highchair, but the booster seems to be fitting the bill. DD is able to sit up well on her own so she doesn't need the extra support from a highchair.

What a waste - good thing I didn't spend money on the highchair. It was a gift from MIL.

heatherlynn
10-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Funny, I just bought the first years reclining booster because the Prima Pappa was driving me crazy. All those nooks and crannies! I'd get rid of it except I figure I can use it for #3 so we can all sit together at the table.

Anyway, DS seems to be making _much_ less of a mess w/ the booster. Don't bother w/ the PP, IMO.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04
and #3 edd 11/05 (it's a girl!)

sdbc
10-09-2005, 06:38 PM
We used nothing but the booster seat from day 1 of solids. DD is now 17 months old!

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

KrisM
10-09-2005, 07:46 PM
We never owned a high chair. I think the only thing it would have helped was food on the floor, since it had a bigger tray. We just bought a smaller booster, without a back, so that DS can sit at the table more comfortably. Other than that, I was very happy with our booster (1st Years).