PDA

View Full Version : FAVORITE TOY FOR 7-mo?

SASM
10-14-2005, 01:00 PM
I am currently looking for a toy for 7.5mo Bryn. She is at that age where she wants to constantly stand and I am hoping to find a toy that would not only help with that but also help with tummy time/crawling. I saw that new FP gymnastics wall toy that looks so cool but DH veto'd it (too much $$$). We have a Leap Frog table but the thing broke after a fall while moving so I use it for standing but that is about it (do not want to buy another). We also have a exersaucer and a train table that help with standing but I want something interesting that is all Bryn's (and will hopefully get some longevity out of it). Any ideas??

TIA!!!

o_mom
10-14-2005, 03:29 PM
How about a PlayHut? You could get a long tunnel for crawling and put a few toys inside or play games of crawling. This will really last and you can add on later.

The Fisher Price Pooh Tree has stuff high and low for standing and tummy time. Not much for crawling, though.

One of the crawling dolls/balls/animals - the kind that crawls/rolls away when they touch it? We don't have any, but maybe another poster could comment on a specific one. Here are some ideas:

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/601-3004473-6421729?_encoding=UTF8&node=15322901

MarisaSF
10-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Something like the Leapfrog Learning Table -- that has been a HUGE hit in our house since DD was 6 months. Our 2.5 yo friend came over today and she had fun with it too. I hated the idea of it at first (lights and sounds), but we actually like the noises and its longevity continues to impress!

SASM
10-14-2005, 07:11 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the link and suggestions! I didn't know there was a "crawling toys" category!! :)

SASM
10-14-2005, 07:16 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the suggestion! Unfortunately, this is the table that fell out of the car and broke during our move. It was doing FUNKY things before the move, when it was healthy, such as turning on for no reason, so I am hesitant to get another one. It still kind of works, just sounds fuzzy and "skips" but DD likes it just the same. :) It is great for standing, even DS still likes it at 2.5yrs. :)

MarisaSF
10-15-2005, 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry (blush). I completely missed the sentence in your OP about the LF table! :)

The nice thing about it is the legs come off, so you can use it for sitting and even crawling.

hmmm... we didn't really have any crawling/standing toys. We made our own "toy" out of the couch though:

We put small toys that DD was interested in under the seat cushions, so she could just reach them if she were crawling. Once she got herself up to cruising, she would pull herself along the sofa in order to pull out the toys.

I know that's not exactly what you're looking for, but hey, it's free! (and she thought it was a lot of fun!)

SASM
10-16-2005, 08:52 AM
Marisa, THAT IS SOOO CLEVER..Sooo easy and so free! Love it ~ DEFINITELY going to try that trick!!

After a lot of research, we broke down yesterday and bought the Fisher Price Learning Home. Since it had a lot of modes (opposites, numbers, etc.) that Ian still has yet to learn, it seemed like it would be a good investment for the $$ ~ LOVE longevity. It has the little door for Bryn to crawl through, lots of interactive activities with sound/music, and it seems to be quite sturdy. This AM, she was standing (hold-up style) with all of her weight into the front and it didn't budge. :)

Now I am off to check on those cool crawling toys. :)

THANK YOU, girls!!

Edited for typos :)