PDA

View Full Version : Question about PLAYMOBIL: How old are your kids that play with it?

Corie
10-14-2005, 02:34 PM
We don't have any Playmobil toys. But I have heard
alot of BBB moms say that they love it.
So, I was looking at Playmobil while at Target
and I saw the Unicorn Fantasy Land. Totally cute!

I'm thinking of this for my daughter who is turning
4 years old in November.

But, as I look at it, it looks so young to me!
Almost too baby-ish for her!

Am I wrong for thinking that? How old are your kids
that are playing with Playmobil?

Thanks for your help!!

Kidrepair
10-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi,

My daughter received the Unicorn Fantasy one for her 2nd birthday, I thought she was a little young so I put it away. My 6 year old was bugging me to no end to open it. So I did and she loves it and I let my 2 year old play with it with supervision, some pretty small pieces. Although she is out of the stage of putting stuff in her mouth. To make a long story short my 6 year old loves and plays with this toy often. I wish I could afford the horse stable one for Christmas.

LBW
10-15-2005, 07:44 AM
The Playmobil 1-2-3 sets are great for young toddlers. I think we got the farm set when liam was about 1. We haven't tried one of the "regular" sets yet -- I was worried that the peices were too small and complicated. He's almost 3 now, and I've been thinking about ordering some from kidssurplus for Christmas.

Vajrastorm
10-15-2005, 01:14 PM
My dd is 2 and plays with Playmobil - under supervision and with the teemy-tiny stuff kept in the box.

I don't think Playmobil is babyish at all. I bought the pirate set for a friend's son when he turned 5. I find Playmobil great for imaginative play. I'm an adult I love playing with Playmobil. ;)

August Mom
10-15-2005, 01:51 PM
We don't have any yet - I'm thinking about it too. But, my nieces and nephews love it and they are 8, 7 and 5. They started with it around 4 - 4.5. From talking with MIL (a big Playmobil fanatic) she thinks 4 is a good age to start, but that DS might be able to handle it at Christmas (around 3.5). There are lots of things to assemble - add stickers, put together, etc. and there are a lot of small pieces.

AngelaS
10-17-2005, 06:10 AM
My almost 8 and almost 3.5 yo dd's LOVE their Playmobil. They play with it DAILY. They're forever taking down one set, putting up another and just having a ball. :D

jennifer_r
10-17-2005, 07:11 AM
I had bought my DS his first playmobil set, a castle, for his fourth bday and he LOVED it. It definitely is not too babyish. After that, he would receive usually a playmobil set for his bday or Christmas or both. He stopped playing with them when he was 10 years old so there is a long life to them. They were his favorite toys along with his Legos and his cars.

The quality is excellent and I've kept it all to pass onto my other children. I'm sure I'll add to their collections as well.
It allows for so much creative play which I believe is missing in so many toys nowadays.

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04
And another DD arriving end of October!

JElaineB
10-17-2005, 04:52 PM
I just got DS some Playmobil 1-2-3 for his third birthday that is listed as 18 months and up (it is simpler than the regular Playmobil and not as many small parts). He loves it! Most regular Playmobil is listed as age 4 and up so I think your daughter's age is perfect. I can't wait until next year when I can greatly expand my Playmobil horizons!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

kboyle
10-17-2005, 10:13 PM
DS loves the vehicles and "guys" so he has a bunh of those in 4 and up and the 1-2-3 line. My neice is 7 and has the zoo and farm. I think I'm getting DS the Noah's Ark for xmas.