PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Heros brand blocks?

fauve01
10-19-2005, 09:38 PM
I found some at Tuesday morning yesterday and was wondering if any of you know about these. they look ok to me, but i haven't done any blocks research yet, so i don't know if it's a deal or what. this is 100 colorful wooden blocks of various shapes for $20.

they also had a train set (tracks and cars) and vehicles (cars, helicopter, etc).

Thanks for any info.

Anne + DD 10-03

bluestar2
10-20-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't have experience with Heros unit blocks but I have a truck puzzle the my sister handed down to me. It is a truck with about 15 colored blocks on the back that fit together and considering it has gone through two kids then handed down to two more and is played with every day, I think the quality is excellent. I don't believe it even has a chip on the paint. On the other hand, the Melissa and Doug cutting food set has multiple chips and we've only had it for a month. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

jec2
10-20-2005, 12:42 PM
we have a set of Hero blocks and just rec'd a small train set from a german friend for finn's bday. I think they are great blocks and we've had tons of fun playing with them. I haven't inspected the train set closely and don't know if it is compatible with our Thomas pieces but it does look likea nice set.

It does look like Maukilo.com has the 100 piece set for $30 so the set you found does seem to be a decent price.http://www.maukilo.com/product+heros-10151.html

JFC
10-20-2005, 01:08 PM
I just bought a bunch of blocks and a train at Tues. Morn. today... I also don't "know" about them - but thought they looked really nice and that the price was pretty good. I had seen them on the woodenwagon.com (see co-op) and almost ordered them there last night... hope your DD enjoys them!

Judegirl
10-20-2005, 07:00 PM
We have a set and like them a lot.

Jude

TahliasMom
10-21-2005, 02:04 AM
we got them too last week and dd loves taking them in and out of the tub! i believe i saw them on that wooden wagon coop thing and they were close to $60 or so.

fauve01
10-21-2005, 04:14 PM
I appreciate the feedback! looks like we got a keeper. :-)

Thanks again~

Anne + DD 10-03