PDA

View Full Version : Age range for Infant/Toddler Rocker by Fisher Price?

Crisyn
10-20-2005, 07:04 PM
I am interested in purchasing a bouncy chair for the twins. I did some research here and it seems that most mums like the chair better than the swing? Anyway, I like the price and the features of the FP Infant to Toddler Rocker, but the Babies R Us website says it recommends the chair for 12- 48 months:
http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10052&langId=-1&productId=15207
There is also another chair here that is for 0-6 months:
http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10052&productId=15239
I prefer the features of the first chair, so I wanted to know if any mums use the rocker for their newborns? My twins are 6 weeks.
Thanks.

dules
10-20-2005, 08:23 PM
We have both, we got the second one from birth and it was fabulous. The first one seemed a bit big, and high, for a small baby.

Honestly I could not have gotten through the first 4 - 5 months or so without the second one...at least I would never have gotten a shower, lol.

Best,
Mary

caheinz
10-20-2005, 09:20 PM
We had both -- or well, the Kick and Play bouncy seat, but it's very similar to your #2.

We got way more use out of the bouncy seat. The rocker was ok, but DS loved the Kick'n'Play.

We also found that as DS got older, he liked to climb into the rocker and rock it while standing in it (facing the back). He flipped it more than once, and, well, it's been in the garage for months. (And I remember an earlier posting about this chair in particular, and DS wasn't the only one who could flip it...)

SpaceGal
10-20-2005, 10:12 PM
We have just the first one the Infant/Toddler Rocker. DS has used it since birth, we used the stationary feature and the vibration and that helped him sleep. It was the only place he would sleep when he was first born. Now he's 8 months old and he uses it as his TV chiar and he still likes to sit in it and play with the dangling toys.

On Fisher-Price web site it says birth up to 40lbs. I got it for the fact that for the price you pay you get something that will last a couple of years. I'm hoping DS will continue to like it to just chill out in when he gets older.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2001&e=detail&site=us&pid=31327&selcat=bgb

Judegirl
10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
We started using the Infant-to-Toddler when dd was 3 months old. It worked very well then, but is no longer working for us at nearly 18 months. In addtion to the fact that she tries to surf it like the pp mentioned, it also just doesn't fit her well - she has to slouch to sit in it, it's not comfortable, and it encourages poor posture and spinal health, since she can't sit up straight. She's 32" and almost 30 lbs - it has reached its limit for us, I think. It's also starting to tear.

HTH,
Jude

o_mom
10-21-2005, 01:24 PM
We have used the Rocker from birth with both - in fact I picked up a second one from Freecycle for the older one to keep him out of the baby's chair.

For newborn, you just put the recline back and the kickstand up which puts them nearly flat. As they get older you can adjust one or both to get the recline where you want. The toy loops on the seat are nice to keep toys from dropping when they are a little older.

We have two other borrowed bouncy seats, more like the second one and they did not get nearly the use that the rocker did.