PDA

View Full Version : Can you stand yet another Learning Tower Question?

samiam
10-21-2005, 08:13 AM
For those who have learning towers, how old and how tall was your dc when you started using it? And can you tell me how far off the ground it is on the highest setting?

I ask because ds is 2 and 34 inches tall. He's small for his size so I want to make sure the LT truly would bring him high enough to work with me at the kitchen counter. I'm really debating this purchase. I don't really have the room or money, but we've had a few falls off regular chairs (all involving landing on the head!) and I do plan to have at least one more child, so perhaps this is worth it. Just wondering if it's something we'll be able to start using now. TIA!

lizamann
10-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Yes, you would be able to use it now. DD has been using it since before she was 2, and definitely before 34 inches tall.

I don't know how high it is off the floor, but will answer later if you don't get an answer first.

We just used it this morning to bake cookies!

caheinz
10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Here's a pic of DS just a week or two ago using the LT and helping Daddy eat the cheese, I mean make quesadillas. He's between 33 and 34 inches tall (he was 33.5" at his 18 month check), and the board is at it's highest setting.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29952.jpg

When it's not in the kitchen, we keep it in the family room (more or less adjacent) and DS plays on it. This morning, he cleared off all of his toys and pointed at it until Daddy figured out that he wanted it by the counter, so he could stand there to eat his breakfast! (Obviously, DS loves it!)

One note: DS won't let us put the level anywhere but at the top or off (to use as a fort). Anything else, and he gets very upset...

lizamann
10-21-2005, 02:31 PM
18 5/8 inches off the floor on the highest setting.

Here's a pic, with dd standing on the highest setting and taste-testing the pumpkin cupcake frosting. You can't realy see the tower, but can see how high it gets her.

I guess we use this thing a lot! She really likes it.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/29953.jpg

MarisaSF
10-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I put my 31" tall 15-mo in one at a friend's house today. She was able to reach the counter when the LT was on the highest setting.

The LT took up less room than I was imagining. I'm thinking about splitting the purchase with some grandparents for xmas. DD will love it and my back can really use the rest from picking her up to see the counter!

Our kitchen chairs are safe for standing, but I'm trying to teach her not to stand on them.

I've been googling madly and there really seems not to be anything anywhere quite like the LT.

samiam
10-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Thanks - I can always count on you ladies for info, and for helping talk me into another purchase : )

Sounds like this would be great for us.