PDA

View Full Version : Play Food for Play Kitchen

jakobsmommie
10-22-2005, 09:06 AM
I have read how so many of you like the Melissa and Doug Food set that has velcro for pretend cutting. I decided to take your advice and buy two sets from M&D - the pizza one and the bread cutting one.

Now these are the only two food sets we have for the kitchen and I was wondering what other sets you all like? Do you stick with wood only? I know HABA has some nice wood play food and wondered what everyone else did.

I absouletly LOVE the Land of Nod Kitchen and will be hopefully getting that for DD and DS to play with.

Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Raidra
10-22-2005, 12:47 PM
We just got the Melissa and Doug fruit basket, veggie basket, sandwich shop, and cutting food. They're adorable, and a lot bigger than the Haba food (I was worried about them being choking hazards). I haven't given them to Colwyn yet since his birthday is still two days away, but they really look nice. I got them from www.gummylump.com and they were running a promotion where you got the sandwich shop for free if you bought three food items.

neeter
10-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Wow, look at their M&D selection!

Does anyone know if AC Moore carries alot of M&D play food? It would be great to take advantage of their 40% off coupons. I've only seen the cutting foods at AC Moore, haven't seen anything like the dinner tray, veggie or fruit baskets. Thanks!

Raidra
10-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Mine only carries the cutting food, condiments, and pizza. We would've gotten the condiments if we hadn't gotten a free spice rack with the Willow Toys kitchen I got off eBay. Just seems like overkill now. :)