PDA

View Full Version : Exersaucer help

montyrn
10-23-2005, 03:46 PM
Would love to get your picks for the best exersaucer. There are so many out there it is kind of crazy! Thanks for your time!!

nfowife
10-23-2005, 04:00 PM
We have the yellow evenflo one that is $99 at BRU and my DD likes it. She spends about 15-20 minutes in it a few times a week.

o_mom
10-23-2005, 04:21 PM
I like Evenflo, because you can get extra toys at BRU to rotate. Ours was a gift, but if I were buying, I would get the cheaper version, with fewer toys and spend the savings on extra toys. If storage space is an issue, the fancier version folds fairly flat for storage and travel.

niferbee
10-23-2005, 09:09 PM
We have the new one from Bright Starts I think it's called ...

It's the "Around We Go" one, that has the seat on the outside. We love it so far, the thing I like most is that you can take the seat off when baby can no longer use the seat and it can be used as a stand alone activity table!

My son loves it so far! (We've had it a week)

ajrivers
10-24-2005, 12:42 PM
I just posted this same question a couple of weeks ago and ended up going with the Evenflo Smart Steps one (which is the $99 one at BRU) and DS absolutely loves it. There's an overhead bar which we take off a lot of the time as it's a bit too high for him for the moment, but he does like looking at it some and loves looking and playing at all of the other toys. We happened to have a 10% off coupon so that helped some!

He's 4 months tomorrow so we still put a blanket in to help prop him up and he spends about 15-20 minutes in there while I'm making dinner each night.

HTH. Amy

Sillygirl
10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
My advice would be to pick one up cheap at a garage sale. They are way overpriced in the stores and they're all basically the same. Kids outgrow them so fast and they are a PITA to store; if you have one you got for $15 or $20 you won't mind getting rid of it, rather than hanging on to it for the next kid.

smokey26
10-25-2005, 01:05 AM
It's true - they don't last a heck of a long time. We got about 3 months of very solid use from 4 1/2 months or so on, and since then it's been a few months of sporadic use. Once the babies go really mobile, it's tough to keep them confined in one of those things happily. But I still have it in the kitchen, and 9 1/2 month old Madeleine does pull up on it from the outside to touch the toys (but after a bit crawls off to other things).

That said, we liked ours a lot! It was the Baby Einstein one. I'll definitely keep it for the next child when we pack it up. I liked the bright and relatively attractive color scheme, the 3-level adjustable heights, and the fact that most of the toys were mechanical as opposed to electronic (and I never did put the batteries in the one toy that made electronic noises). It was about $80.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002U1SFE/qid%3D1130220068/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-3353077-9556724

Julie
mom to Madeleine 01/05