PDA

View Full Version : Dress Up clothes?

trumansmom
10-24-2005, 01:20 PM
DD is a major girly girl, and I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for her for Christmas. She has tons of dolls and doll accessories, so I was thinking of getting her some things to play dress up. I have no idea where to begin.

Any ideas? And is 18 months too young?

TIA-
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!

jvorhis
10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I would check the dollar tree, they have lots of fun stuff. You also probably will be able to get some cheep dress up stuff after halloween. Lillion Vernon has a dress up trunk that people said is pretty neat, if you want to spend that much. You might also want to check the local Good Will you might find some fun stuff there. I have one of those plastic 3 drawer chest filled with stuff for Emma. I have a bunch of old dance costumes that came from a yard sale and stuff that I kept for her that was mine. My old cheerleading uniform, band uniform and old prom dresses and stuff. She loves it.

HTH :-)

trumansmom
10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Wow! We went to the Dollar Store tonight and you were right! I didn't buy anything yet because DD was with me (silly, I know), but will definitely be going back soon! What fun skirts, purses, boas, etc. I also have DH's mom's old jewelry box that is chock full of plastic bead necklaces and bracelets and things that a good midwestern farm wife wore in the 70s & 80s. :) Now I just want to find a fun treasure chest or something to put them in.

Any ideas where to find one of those?

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/01 and Eleanor 4/04
Independent Consultant, Do-Re-Me & You!