PDA

View Full Version : Reviews on Kiddi-o Simba ST-1 trike?

sdbc
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Does anybody have this trike? The reviews are really good on amazon, and I was thinking the size might work for my 1.5 year old without a huge price tag. Also, anyone use the parent bar with this?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00015M886/ref=ord_cart_shr/104-1591960-7699901?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG&v=glance

Thanks!

brittone2
10-24-2005, 08:19 PM
I think there have been good reviews in the past on the regular supertrike 1. I had NO idea that you could attach a parent bar to them now...that's great!! I don't think that was the case before.

We just ordered the Supertrike 4 for DS. He won't be getting it until his bday in February so I won't have any reviews for a while, but that one gets good reviews too. I think the Kiddios are very well made for the price from everything I've read. I'd have considered the Supertrike 1 but we don't have any sidewalk or paved driveway so I wanted DS to have air tires ;)

sdbc
10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Wierd, weird answer from Kettler regarding the fitting of the parent bar in this trike. I guess he's saying that it's random, and it will fit some but not others:

My email:
Hi, Can you tell me if the Kiddio Simba ST-1 is compatible with the kettrike parent push handle? Toys-R-Us is marketing them together, but I was under the impression that they are not compatible.

We want to buy this trike, but only if it is compatible with the parent handle.

Thanks!

Kettler response:
The reason for the confusion is because we cannot guarantee the compatibility. There are required attachment areas for the push bar to be attached that may or may not be present on the Simba ST1.

The chances are good it will fit but you have to be willing to take the risk that when you open the box there would not be the holes in the frame to accept the push bar.

We either design the Kiddi-o(r) models to come with a push bar in the box or specifically make sure all the KETTLER Models accept our push bar.

There is a pink KETTLER model with a high back seat, a rear tipping bucket, and the frame is specifically designed to accept the push bar.
It is the Blossom.

Greg
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

sdbc
10-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Kettler's response when I asked for clarification. They were helpful, but TRU probably shouldn't be marketing them that way...

As stated below, we cannot be sure if ALL production units have the necessary wholes in the frame to accept the push bar. We never asked for those wholes to be there during production because it is not sold in the Toys R US Stores with a push bar.

Only TRU.com offers a push bar but it was not originally designed to make sure of the compatibility. SO, there simply is no way to make any promises. There are new versions of the Kiddi-o(r) Tricycles that absolutely are not compatible with our KETTLER push bar. So, what might fit today may not be the same later in the same year for the same model.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Greg
Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

brittone2
10-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Wow, that is a weird and vague answer. Hmmmm....you'd think there would be a better way to handle that situation.

Are you going for it anyway? Let us know what happens!

sdbc
10-26-2005, 07:43 PM
I haven't decided yet. I'm trying to figure out a way to ask toysrus.com if it's returnable if they don't work together, but so far, I can't figure out how to ask.

I will keep you updated, though.