PDA

View Full Version : Schoenhut piano @ Costco!

supercalifragilous
10-31-2005, 04:05 AM
Saw this today for $160!!!! It is the 37-key concert grand with opening top, includes a bench and songbook. It only came in black though. DD LOVED it!

HeatherW
10-31-2005, 08:40 AM
OH!!! Just logging on to ask about these pianos! Thanks!!

Anybody have a review???

Heather

mominjune
11-01-2005, 04:18 AM
I don't have any answers, wanted to add more questions: Do you need to have these pianos tuned "professionally" and how often? I've never to pay for piano tuning so have no idea how much that would cost either.

What a great looking little piano!

Thanks in advance.

Jen
DD 6-04

luckymom
11-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Hi-

I don't actually have one of these pianos, but have been looking at one for my son when he turns two or so. I think a lot of people who order these are suprised by the sound of the piano when they get it - it is not a traditional piano piano sound (hammer striking wires), they describe the sound as "chimelike". More along the lines of the sound from a little tikes "tap a tune" piano. It can't be tuned like a real piano(I believe the mechanism is metal bars struck by hammers) and shouldn't ever got out of tune. From what I've read Shoenhut is one of the best complanies for toy pianos and is good about having well tuned pianos.

www.toypiano.com has lots more info on these, and some sound samples.

Hope it helps!

mominjune
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks! That helps tremendously. Off to check out the website.

HannaAddict
11-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Hey stranger!

This looks so fun. My son loves playing the real piano at our friends and this would be so fun. Can I ask what Costco? I'm going to have to check out the 4th Ave store. Thanks.

Kimberly

WooChx
11-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Is this the piano at Costco?

"Concert Grand" with Opening Top, Model 379, 37-key

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/30410.jpg

supercalifragilous
11-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Sorry Kimberly - I haven't been online in a while... I was just thinking about you this weekend!

I saw it at the Federal Way Costco and they didn't have that many - I'd say around 20 or so on the pallet. I was there 2 weeks before and they had NO pianos at all, except for the big adult-sized keyboards. Then all of a sudden I saw the Schoenhut and Little Tikes ones... I don't know if it sold fast or if they didn't get that many to begin with. The Little Tikes were right next to them and there were only 3 left, including the floor model!

You can always call and check what they have left - they're really good about checking their stock in the computer and letting you know exactly how many they have left in stock.

supercalifragilous
11-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Yes! That looks like the one! And it only came in black @ Costco. I think it comes in other colors elsewhere, though.