PDA

View Full Version : how to pick big items up?

jess_g
11-02-2005, 12:02 PM
I have seen several things on ebay and toys r us that I would love to get for my kids playroom (like a playhouse or climber) but I don't know how to get them home. I have a minivan but with 2 car seats in it it does not leave that much space for big items. I would love to hear what others have done when something does not fit in the car. I have heard that Lowes and Home Depot rent trucks by the hour. Does anyone have any experience with that? I thought someone on this board might know.

Thanks,

Jessica.

MarisaSF
11-02-2005, 12:58 PM
My friend rented a truck from Home Depot, but it was really dirty. People use them to transport soil(?), plants, paint. I think it's pretty cheap, but I guess it depends on whether your big thing is in a protective box or not.

Can you take the seats out of the minivan and have someone watch the kids while you pick up?

MaddiesMommy
11-02-2005, 01:57 PM
We have a minivan too. This past summer we got dd a playhouse for backyard and we had to take the pieces out of the box to get everything to fit. And it just fit! We had the two captain chairs still in the van, but the backseat was folded down. The guy who helped us bring it to the van was very helpful with taking it out of the box and loading it into the van. It's amazing how much space is in the back. If you wanted to rent a Home Depot truck, maybe you could put old blankets down so the boxes don't get all dirty.

HTH!

Janine

set81616
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
How about rent a wreck. People tend to use them for moves so they shouldn't be too dirty.
Shannon