PDA

View Full Version : Bricks & mortar store for lacing beads?

babystuffbuff
11-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Does anyone know of a B&M store where I can buy either the Lauri Crepe Rubber Beads 'N Baubles or something like these wooden beads?

http://www.elearningtoys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WOODEN_BEADS_100_PK_ID-3639

We are in MD, and they are for my niece, who is three (four in Feb.). I'm trying to avoid paying shipping costs because money is very tight right now. If the online price with shipping is comparable to what I can find in a real store I would rather just go to the store. I tried Toys R Us today (should have known better) and they didn't have anything.

TIA,

Sarah

Jeanne
11-03-2005, 12:25 AM
Sarah,
Did you check Ross and TJ Maxx? I have seen those as well as smaller M&D lacing beads. I picked up a cute set for my oldest. It's got laces and wooden letter beads to string together. And it was something like $8.

Marisa6826
11-03-2005, 12:58 AM
They had really nice big lacing beads at Costco the other day. I think it was a Parents set.

kidsurplus.com is another place to look.

-m

Toba
11-03-2005, 09:10 AM
Yeah, we bought those from Costco recently for Christmas. I liked the fact they were bigger for toddler hands (with supervision, of course). They were packaged with something else as well (a bonus pack), but I can't remember what it was and it's packed away in the closet.

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan, March 12, 2004
*the light of my life*

neeter
11-03-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't know which Toysrus you went to, but I bought them for my son at the Toysrus in Gaithersburg. HTH!

deannanb
11-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I think Melissa and Doug also make something similar.
Like someone said, try Ross, Marshalls, TJ Max - and I've seen M&D at Borders Bookstore.

deannanb
11-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I think Melissa and Doug also make something similar.
Like someone said, try Ross, Marshalls, TJ Max - and I've seen M&D at Borders Bookstore.

nitaghei
11-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Aren't you near Annapolis? The AC Moore store in Bowie has Melissa & Doug lacing beads. This is a smaller set but big enough for lots of play. You can use a Joann's or Michael's coupon for 40% off. And I'm fairly sure I've seen them at the Marshall's in Annapolis (in the TJ's mall, behind Nordstrom). Possibly even the TJ Maxx by the Michael's. Actually, the Micheal's may have some wooden bead sets, too - but I don't remember.

Caveat: this was true as of August of this year. Haven't been back since.

Nita (fleece is my friend)
mom to Neel, January 2003
dog mom to a PWD and a cocker (at the Rainbow Bridge)

babystuffbuff
11-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Thanks everyone!

Yes, Nita, we're in Annapolis; I will try the places you suggested!

Sarah

caheinz
11-03-2005, 03:40 PM
We bought them and have opened up the beads already. The other part looks like an alphabet puzzle, with each letter being big and chunky (maybe 1.5" high and 3/4 in thick? -- total guess, I'm at work and the set is in the garage at home!).

The beads in this set are cool -- there are big blocks and bugs, as well as simpler bead shapes.

And yes, it is a Parents set.

I think the set is under $20 -- it's definitely under $30, and I think under $20, but it's been a while since we bought it. Do you have a Costco anywhere nearby?