PDA

View Full Version : Baby keyboard-has anyone used it?

Nicodemus
11-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Has anyone bought and used the "baby keyboard" advertised in One Step Ahead (and other places)? My 16 month has taken an interest in my computer so I thought I'd give this a try. It's supposed to have four CDs with it that helps the baby to interact. What do you think? Please and thank you very much. I really appreciate all the information I get from you ladies on this site!

Best,
Diane

lvales
11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't have an answer for your question - but I wanted to let you know that Fisher Price makes one too. It has software with three levels of difficulty. It costs about $30.00 I think. We were considering getting it for our dd for her birthday or christmas. I'll have to check out the one at One Step Ahead!

Linda

pikle
11-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Yes!! And both my daughters LOVE it. Our oldest used it frequently and now plays on Nick Jr when we let her (she's 3 1/2) and our 2 year old is taking quite an interest in it as well. They were able to play with it at an early age as the color buttons are easy to navigate.. my only complaint is that the quit button is also easy to hit and they turn the game off frequently. I would totally recommend it as a starter computer game.. they are also into "Elmo's preschool"-- but it is more mouse driven. I am so amazed at how good both of them are on the computer at such an early age.

(we have a great "kid" mouse too-- if I can find the website, I'll add it :-) ) email me if you want more details on the keyboard/game.

HTH!
Nicole

Nicodemus
11-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks very much for the feedback! Nicole, I will be e-mailing you for the kidboard/game and kid mouse.

Best,
Diane

pikle
11-04-2005, 08:26 AM
www.kidzmouse.com

lots of kid computer stuff :-) and they were quick to ship too!!! hth!!

Nicodemus
11-05-2005, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the information. I'll try to remember to post after we use it for awhile...the good and bad experiences.