PDA

View Full Version : ISO Reclining, comfortable, and portable booster

littlewilson
11-12-2005, 01:30 PM
OK, so I've been convinced that I really don't need a highchair. Now I need to figure out if a booster seat exists which will fit my needs. Basically, I'd like it to fold up or otherwise collapse in such a way as to make it convenient for travel and restaurants, and I'd also like it to be comfortable enough for baby to enjoy being in every day. On top of that, I'd like to get one that reclines a bit so that our 4-month old can join us at the table ASAP, before we actually even start feeding him solids.

The First Years' seat looks like it's comfy and reclining, but from what I've read and seen, it really isn't conducive to throwing in the car and heading out.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated!

ETA: I know that there's also a Safety 1st reclining booster, but had heard not-so-great things about it.

sidmand
11-12-2005, 11:17 PM
I have the First Years' one and it works really well for almost everything you've described although you're right--it doesn't fold up. But you could throw it in the car and it would take up the same amount of room as say, the infant carrier car seat did. My DS started sitting in it at a little over four months. He can't sit by himself, but he can sit while supported so we don't even have it reclining. He sat at the table tonight while we ate and it was a lot of fun! He just looked around and watched us.

Debbie

Mom to Sawyer!
http://lilypie.com/baby1/060607/0/3/1/-5/.png (http://lilypie.com)

betsydenny
11-14-2005, 02:05 PM
We have the 1st years reclining booster and it is great. Been using it since DS was 4 mo and he is now 14mo. It has served us well.
I do, however, have another booster in the car. I decided that instead of one expensive highchair I could handle two much cheaper boosters. I think it is a safety 1st. but it is blue and green and has a yellow tray. It is fine for travel. the tray is lousy for holding stuff on if it happens to get swiped by a hand either accidently or on purpose. So it is fine for travel or eating out, but The 1st Years seat and tray we have at home are much better as a permanant high chair alternative.

Besides, you prob just want to leave your at home booster all set up and it is easy to just leave a folded one in the car or garage that is easy to grab and go.

Hope that helps!
Betsy