PDA

View Full Version : parent/child activities

Babywhite
11-12-2005, 02:31 PM
My DD is 15 months old. I have been putting together a box filled with activities that we do together. I try to incorporate things that are too hard for her or just need parent assistance. While I have some cute things in it, I would like some new ideas. Please send me what you and your little one (up to age 3) do together.

My box currently contains the following:

special books and puppet books
puppets
puzzles
LeapFrog Little Touch w/ stories
"Share" Care Bear w/ stories
jumbo crayons and paper
plastic food (b/c some pieces are too small for her to play w/ alone)

Thanks in advance for your ideas :)
R.W.

dules
11-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Your box sounds great. I have been looking at some books on BN.com lately that are full of parent-toddler activities, crafts etc. so you might do a check there. I haven't bought one yet so can't recommend any specific one yet.

Some things we do together that DD started to love doing around that age are:

Sink play - run the water gently or fill the sink partway, and let her stand on a chair next to you. Play with cups, sieves, etc.

We have a cabinet in the kitchen that is "hers" with all the tupperware, baking pans, wooden spoons, spatulas etc.

And once, I filled a baking dish about halfway with rice (the cheapest kind from the grocery store), and laid that on an old sheet spread on the kitchen floor. We played with cups, spoons, etc. scooping and filling and dumping. It was a mess but she had a great time. I was glad for the sheet underneath!

Have fun!

Best,
Mary