PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a doll

Globetrotter
11-19-2005, 07:06 PM
I am looking for a baby doll for DD, the size that can fit 12 month clothes. Requirements are:

Dark hair (curly would be a plus)
Ideally, light brown skin
Rag doll or nicer vinyl

I don't want to spend a fortune. Any ideas?

Kris

Momof3Labs
11-19-2005, 08:50 PM
It's not my favorite doll or company, but you should check out www.mytwinn.com. They custom make dolls to your specifications. The baby is 20" long and the older doll is 23" long, so neither will fit 12 month clothes (is that a requirement??? that's a toughie) but you can get the hair and skin tones that you want.

Globetrotter
11-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks! I did check them out, but I found them really plasticky looking. I'm curious... why don't you like them?

I was hoping to use some of dd's old dresses, and one I have in mind is a 12 month size. I thought it would be a nice way to keep them around ;)

I've yet to find exactly what I'm looking for, though. I'm a huge fun of Groovy Girls, but they don't make baby dolls!

Kris

Momof3Labs
11-23-2005, 09:49 PM
I have one My Twinn doll and just don't like the body shape of it. It is articulated, but moves in strange positions. And the skin tone is nothing like the fair complexion that I ordered. Not to mention marginal to lousy customer service!

Honestly, you're going to be hard-pressed to find a reasonably priced yet nice doll that will fit a 12 month size dress, particularly with the skin tone and hair requirements that you have. Even though I have one boy (going on two), I've always loved dolls personally and just don't think that there is much out there that meets your requirements, short of having something custom made.