PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for a dollhouse?

momofjandl
11-21-2005, 05:36 PM
I really like the Ikea furniture set and saw a pict of a dollhouse online that they apparently don't carry anymore. Does anyone have this dollhouse? Do you like it? It's more modern. I'm hoping it comes back for the holidays.

But when I was at Ikea recently they just had two tall cube shelf units side by side with the furniture in them and both my sons loved it. So now I'm thinking I don't even need a dollhouse. We have two of those closet stacking units already. They don't have a back but I was thinking I could hang some cool fabric or something.

I know everyones talked about dollhouses here etc...but to you care to indulge me..what do you guys use and is anyone using the bookcase method?

Thanks,
Ruth

ps anyone having trouble going overboard for christmas? It seems I can't stop seeing things I want. I wasn't like this last year. The kids are so young..and they don't need it all...thank goodness one son has a bday in Feb. I plan to roll some of the stuff over till then.

babyready
11-22-2005, 04:18 PM
oh, good question. I am not any help but I love that dollhouse on the IKEA site and wish that I could get it for DD.

And yes, I am having a horrible keeping myself under control for Christmas. I really want to be reasonable, but there are just so many cute things!!! And DD JUST had her birthday!