PDA

View Full Version : Ryan's Room House???

wagner36
11-22-2005, 11:45 AM
We're in need for more "self-contained" toys, and I am trying to guide my parents/siblings to get Charlie something that will be able to be one big unit. They're pretty good about not getting him loud plastic toys, but I'm afraid that if we don't guide them a little bit we'll end up with more clutter. He's the only grandchild on both sides, so the toys can get a bit out of control.

His train table is pretty much totally stocked, and he saw the Ryan's Room house at a new local toy store and totally loved it. It's a good option, because the grandparents can get him the house and 2 or 3 furniture sets, and then my siblings can each get him a furniture set or two, and then he'll have enough to work with for awhile. The room sets are only like $15.

Does anyone have it and not like it? I think we'll make this a "bedroom toy" since some of the pieces are pretty small, so when the new baby comes in April it will be more self-contained in his room.

Any other ideas for things that self-store and are somewhat self-contained?

lmintzer
11-22-2005, 12:31 PM
What about one of the treehouse adventure sets (kind of the same idea as the house--just something a little different)?

tarahsolazy
11-22-2005, 05:29 PM
My neice still plays with her Ryan's Room House at 7 years old. She does put her hermit crabs in it to be part of the family, though. Seems like a toy with good longevity.