PDA

View Full Version : Magna and Aquadoodle -- please explain

Babywhite
11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
I am wanting to get 15 month old DD some art items for Christmas. I am very interested in the Magna and/or Aqua doodles, but I don't have any experience with them.

Could someone please explain how these two items work - and about the separate components that you can buy for them. I keep seeing things about water pens, pages that you buy separate - that are reusable, etc.

Also, which would I buy first for my little one.

Thanks in advance for your help!

eb1
11-23-2005, 08:46 PM
We have a magna doodle only. It's similar to an etch-a-sketch, so it works through magnetic particles. These come with a pen, and the larger ones may come with additional magnets. You can erase the entire screen in a second.

I think with the aqua doodle, you fill a pen with water (additional pens sold separately) and draw on the mat. I think you have to let the mat dry to "erase" it. The aqua doodle is larger than the magna doodle.

We bought a magna doodle and just leave it out for DS to play with whenever--we actually just have the smaller travel size and it's great for the doctor's office, etc.

icunurse
11-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Since you have the magna doodle description (as we only have the aqua doodle)... There are 3 out there, I think - jr (which is about 18 x 18), regular (big enough for 2 kids) and the Thomas Train. You do fill the pens with water to write on the surface. The mat takes a minute or two to dry, but not too long. You can buy extra pens and stampers. They also have little 12 inch pictures (Elmo, Thomas, Pooh, etc) which work the same way, but when the pen goes over areas, the ares turn into different colors ie. Elmo is red, playing with the green ball. Good for travel.
Traci
~Connor's Mom 02/2004~
Agency paperwork completed - waiting for #2!