PDA

View Full Version : 2nd BDay in January- What to get?

ajmom
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Between the 2 of my boys, for Christmas they're getting:
playsilks
tool set and workbench
train table with pieces
some wooden vehicles
floor puzzles (4)
books
computer software
doctor kit
wooden blocks

My boys are 3 1/2 and almost 2. What should I get my 2 year old for his birthday in January? They already have a play kitchen and plenty of art supplies. Any suggestions?

brittone2
11-26-2005, 08:31 PM
My DS is turning 2 in Feb. and his main gift will be a Kiddio Supertrike 4. It has a pushbar so we should be able to use it right away even though it will be quite a while until he'll be able to pedal on his own.

Other random ideas:
treehouse style dollhouse or just a regular dollhouse
toy sets like woodland fantasies, iplay sets, Holztiger animals, etc. or Little People if you are okay with plastic
Do they need anything for their kitchen? cookware, toaster, coffee pot or food?
Easel or small table and chairs set?
Playstands (expensive but they could both still get a lot of playtime out of them)
Musical instruments?
CDs?
"experience" gift like museum or zoo membership?

It sounds like they have a lot of fun things to look forward to!

ETA: thought of a few other ideas...
DS is almost the same age and for the past 3 months has been loving his tent/tunnel set (Mambo Combo, which is about $25 at Costco...it sells other places online for quite a bit more but DS has really enjoyed it!)
Also maybe some props for playing "store" like a cash register, little canvas bags (Haba sells them but craft stores like Michaels and AC Moore sell really inexpensive child sized totes), there are even little storefront sets (I think babystyle has one by Alex?)

kelly ann
11-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Do you have a desk to hold all of those art supplies? We are looking at the Little Tikes Design Master Desk for DS this Christmas. Both of your kids would get use out of the desk.