PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gist for 9 mon old?

mommabear
11-29-2005, 11:56 AM
I have a DS who is 9 mon old and I am at a total loss for Christmas gift Ideas. Any suggestions?
I have looked at the peek a blocks and roll arounds. Which do you have/like?
What wooden toys are good for this age? The rattles seem to baby but most of the other stuff like cars say 2 yrs and up.
Thanks

brittone2
11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
DS was 10 months during his first Christmas. At that time he mostly liked household items to play with (just cups, measuring spoons, bowls, etc) rather than toys, so I tried to buy things he could play with over the next few months.

Here are some ideas (that I remember anyway! )that we used for his first Christmas:

Shape sorter (early for this but he had fun just taking the lid off and doing in/out

which usually they get interested in around one year of age)

a small musical instrument set (maracas, tambourine, musical triangle, etc.)...these items often say 2 or 3 and above but I just use my judgement and/or just let DS have access to the items when I could supervise)

A big wooden truck

Stacking cups (Ikea has a set for 1.99 that DS loved)

Jumbo peg puzzle (Melissa and Doug one that has triangle, circle, square)

A few wooden animals for his stocking

CDs-Raffi and Lauri Berkner

Bumpie gertie ball

Other ideas:
Playsilk for peek a boo
Pull or push toy for once she's closer to walking (if she isn't already)
Something like the Parents Magazine activity cube (my ds still likes these when we go to other people's homes who have them) which is nice for when they are pulling to stand/cruising
Wagon

JBaxter
11-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Nathan is just 2 but some things he has been playing with since last christmas/birthday have been Leapfrog learning table and learing ball ( plays music and abc's) mega block wagon - he plays w/ the wagon as much as the blocks, big shape puzzle ( wooden w/ big knobs) busy ball popper, nesting blocks ( melissa&doug farm animals) hope that helps.

JacksMommy
11-29-2005, 02:49 PM
My DS just got into rattles around 9 months, so don't rule those out. Haba has a whole set of things that are perfect for that age. A set of wooden maracas or a drum would probably be a hit and are also toys that will get used through the years.

Laurel
WOHM to Jack, 6/4/02
Baby Madeline 12/14/04

mommabear
11-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I will check them out.

sand82552
11-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi,

I am fairly new here but thought of some ideas, my DD will be 9 months at Christmas, and this is what I got her:

-Neurosmith Together Tunes Block (Oppenheim Platinum Winner)
-Haba First Blocks & Fantasy Blocks
(Both @ 50% off, that is why I got both)
-Couple wood animals
-Raffi CD
-Jingle Bells (She loves...loves bells)
-The Two of us from Haba
-A little wood car

I am also debating on gettin her a little chair, but I don't want to go way overboard - she is only 9 months...LOL. But I think a little chair is a great idea.

Hope that helps

Sandy

sand82552
Hi,

I am fairly new here but thought of some ideas, my DD will be 9 months at Christmas, and this is what I got her:

-Couple wood animals
-Raffi CD
-The Two of us from Haba
-A little wood car

I am also debating on getting her a little chair, but I don't want to go way overboard - she is only 9 months...LOL. But I think a little chair is a great idea.

Hope that helps

Sandy

sand82552
Hi,

-Couple wood animals
-Raffi CD
-The Two of us from Haba
-A little wood car

I am also debating on getting her a little chair, but I don't want to go way overboard - she is only 9 months...LOL. But I think a little chair is a great idea.

Hope that helps

Sandy

sand82552
11-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Accidently posted 2X

mommabear
11-30-2005, 10:47 AM
thanks for the ideas :)

Hippoharbor
11-30-2005, 02:45 PM
My DS is now 9 months old and loves to play with the following:

Fisher Price Learning Home
Leapstart learning table
Parent's mag activity Cube

For xmas (he will be 10.5 months) we got the following:

several FP little people play sets
wooden peg puzzle
toddlerock rocking chair
Mammas and Pappas caterpillar rocker
elmo giggle ball
some of the great book buys at bookcloseouts.com (thanks whoever posted this)
fp talking telephone
matchbox cars
costco play tent/tunnel

Michelle