PDA

View Full Version : Where to find roll of paper for easel?

sdbc
11-29-2005, 10:32 PM
I bought the M&D easel, but I can't find the rolls of paper anywhere! I think it takes paper 17-18 inches wide. I saw some online, but the shipping costs as much as the paper. Has anyone found the paper in regular stores? Our Michaels didn't have it, and neither did the Learning Express where I bought the easel!

Java
11-29-2005, 10:44 PM
IKEA sells rolls of paper for cheap! I don't know if it's on-line though. I've always seen in the stores.

sdbc
11-30-2005, 06:59 AM
:( I wish we had a local IKEA.

annasmom
11-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Shipping costs stink, and often eat up whatever savings you can find online!!! Would Alex rolls fit it?? I know the few local specialty toy stores near me carry many Alex products. I think I have seen easel rolls. I have had a hard time finding easel pads as well!

sdbc
11-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I think the Alex rolls would fit. They didn't have them at Learning Express when I went, but I may have to try a couple of the other independent toy stores around. It just seems ridiculous to have to go all over the place to find these. I mean, TRU, Michael's and AC Moore all sell easels that take paper rolls. Why in the world don't they sell the paper???!

In case this helps anyone, Target does have 12 inch wide rolls. That's a little narrower than I want, though.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

Beth568
11-30-2005, 12:11 PM
Do you have a small local newspaper in your area? Sometimes you can get end rolls of newsprint from them...it's the leftover paper that's not enough for them to use to print, but can work really well for kids' craft projects. Even college papers sometimes have it. I used to get it from my town paper, and they were happy to get it off their hands - worth a try!

Thatchermom
11-30-2005, 06:50 PM
How about butcher or freezer paper rolls from Costco or Sam's? Don't know the exact width of them, but seems like it could be a cheap option for nice, heavy paper.

Jen841
12-01-2005, 08:19 AM
Sidebar- does the Ikea paper work on the M&D easel?

Our Learning Express had the paper when we bought the easel (wrapped for Christmas.) Maybe I should go get more!

I have seen it on the SmarterBaby (?) website and get emails about specials from them on M&D products.

I bought the IKEA paper. I figure if nothing else I can clip it to the easel. I was also thinking about the butcher paper option, partially b/c I want some for myself so I can stamp wrapping paper.

Growing up we roughed it and had to clip paper onto the easel. I think my kids may need a similar experience as good Ole Mom!

Jen

kaileysmom
12-01-2005, 02:15 PM
We don't have an easel, so I have no experience with it, but I saw the rolls of paper at Target in the aisle with the crayons. HTH

kozachka
12-05-2005, 04:34 PM
We got ours for $4.99 plus tax from a local school supply store.

sdbc
12-05-2005, 04:43 PM
AC Moore has some of various widths.

Also, Learning Express got them back in stock.

Thanks for the advice everybody. I also plan on checking with our local newspaper--I remember when I was in preschool, we each laid down on a huge sheet, and the teachers traced us and we colored ourselves! It was so much fun. I'd love to do that with DD when she's old enough to lay still for long enough.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04