PDA

View Full Version : doodle pro ?? magnadoodle?? - are these the same thing??

Babywhite
12-01-2005, 09:43 AM
Is the Magnadoodle and the Doodle Pro the same thing?

I was asking the difference b/w the Magnadoodle and the Aquadoodle the other day. I decided to go with the Magnadoodle for my DD, but I can only find Doodle Pros. I thought I read somewhere that people liked the Magnadoodles better -- maybe that was when you could still find both.

Anyway, at TRUS yesterday, I found a box that contained (or so I thought) a large and small magnadoodle -- the box read "original magnadoodle" -- come to find out -- the travelsize was a magnadoodle but the large was an etch a sketch!

So, I'm off again. I saw a lot of different Doodle Pros at the stores I visited. If there are only DoodlePros out there, which one did your child like?

TIA for your help!! :)

R.W.

octmom
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
I'm no expert, but I thought they were the same concept. Don't know if I ever seen a Magnadoodle IRL though. DS has a full-sized Doodle Pro and a travel sized one. He loves the full-sized one and draws on it every day. His has a blue border and a "drawer" that slides out with four magnetic shapes in it. The travel one he has also has a blue border, but doesn't have the drawer with the shapes, just a pen.

HTH!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03
expecting #2! EDD April 1, 2006, but anticipating a C/S in March
Just found out-- IT'S A GIRL!!! :)

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

DebbieJ
12-01-2005, 10:42 AM
We have the full size Doodle Pro and the travel size Magna Doodle (emergency purchase at the toy store in the mall).

They are both holding up just fine. In fact, DS often walks on top of his Doodle Pro and it doesn't seem any worse for the wear.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
(Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Karenn
12-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I have seen a doodle pro that looks identical to my magnadoodle. I think they are the same thing.