PDA

View Full Version : Edible "soap"

KrisM
12-01-2005, 10:19 PM
DS likes playing in the sink. But, he wants to push the soap dispenser and put the "ice cream" on his hands. Since they always go in his mouth, I'd like to have a special soap container with something safe inside. Does anyone have a recipe for a something thick like soap?

He calls all creams and lotions "ice cream" and does the sign for that. It's kind of funny to hear him ask for ice cream for his legs :).

MarisaSF
12-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Probably *not* what you're looking for, but Jessica Simpson(!) came out with an edible line of skin products recently. Called "dessert"... http://www.desserttreats.com/order_treats.php?PHPSESSID=8svuvekopg842g6vucjp4j5 gc4

C'mon, you know he would love some "deliciously kissable body frosting." LOL

I'm racking my brain to think of things you might use... Hopefully someone has the perfect thing!

lilycat88
12-01-2005, 11:34 PM
You know, my first thought was "you've GOT to be kidding". Then, I thought about who you were talking about.

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

Marisa6826
12-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Cool Whip? You'd have to keep it in the fridge, but it would work. You could even dye it with food colouring.

-m

brittone2
12-02-2005, 12:39 AM
LOL!!

o_mom
12-02-2005, 02:13 PM
May be just me, but I'm not sure I would encourage this. It is hard to allow something like this at home and then try to explain that he can't do it somewhere else or that not all soap dispensers have edible soap.

I would just put the soap dispenser out of sight while he plays in the sink.

KrisM
12-02-2005, 09:37 PM
That's a good point. I'll have to think about that. He's not really eating it. He rubs it in on his hands/arms. But, he's a finger sucker, so at some point, two fingers go in his mouth.