PDA

View Full Version : Toy Kitchen Help!!! NOT WOOD!!!

Coolamber
12-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Would like to get a toy kitchen for my daughter 18 monthes for x-mas.
I know alot of you like wood, but what others do you have and like. I was looking at the Step2 but, they have like 5 different ones.
Sould I get the small, medium or big one.
Please Help.
Thanks
Mollie

annasmom
12-03-2005, 07:13 AM
Hi, I got my dd a Step2 Little Helper's kitchen last Christmas. We have been pleased with it and it is very sturdy. My dc both pull down the doors and stand on them to give themselves a boost! It is small, but I think it is a good size for very young children. Space was an issue at the time, and my dd was very young (ds not even born yet!) so I wanted something on the small size. I also didn't want to spend a lot of money without knowing that she would really play with it.

It is probably our most used toy, even by my 11 month old. My dd doesn't work AT the kitchen as much as she plays to and from the kitchen, fixing food for all of her "guys."

Overall, I think it is a good kitchen and I have been pleased with the quality of all the Step2 products we have bought. There was no set up involved at all, we slid it out of the box and it was ready to go.

If I remember correctly, shipping for these kitchens was really expensive. I couldn't find this particular one in any B&M stores, so I ordered from Step2 directly (least expensive shipping cost). I have definitely seen the bigger Step2 kitchens at TRU though.

If I had to do it over, I "might" get a bigger kitchen to give the kids more play space as they grow.

I also bought the Step2 food and a pots and pans set. There is SO much food in the set. I STILL haven't given my dc most of the food that came with the set.

Good luck!

jillmk
12-03-2005, 08:20 PM
We have the Step 2 Lifestyle Dream kitchen (the one TRU carries for ~150) and I don't like it at all. It is big, but there is no room to put anything. Especially the drawers--they look about 1.5 times bigger than they really are. So not much food fits in there unless it is in the fridge. If you want any accessories besides the pots and pans it comes with, there is no room. No "counter space" either. So if you want a little coffee pot, mixing bowls, etc, there is no place to play with them or to store them. All that being said, my DD (26 mo) does have fun with it and has used it quite a bit since she got it for her birthday 2 months ago. I would've personally chosen a different one, but it was a gift. Good luck!