PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen/bought the baby doll furniture at Costco??

ctmom
12-05-2005, 07:56 AM
A friend of mine knows I'm considering getting my dd a wood highchair for her b-day. (I started looking into them a month or so ago and then got sidetracked)...She lives too far away and would have to ship it which would be expensive, but she told me about one she saw this weekend at Costco. It was actually a kidkraft highchair and cradle for $35!! They sell a three piece set online but for around $65. I looked online to see if I could find it but I'm only coming up with either/or and they are selling at different sites for at least $30 each. My question is, before I schlep over there today, does anyone have it, how is the quality? Does anyone have the item # so I can call my local store and see if it is in stock? I think this is another great costco find and I need to get my butt there asap!!!

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
12-05-2005, 09:00 AM
I saw it at Costco last week and it was really nice! It seemed like very good quality and I don't think you'd get anything nearly as nice for anywhere near that price. It's definitely worth a look.

annasmom
12-05-2005, 10:22 AM
I just saw the Kidkraft set on Costco.com last night, and I was so angry at myself because I just bought the highchair from target.com for $30! I wanted to get the cradle too, but target.com was sold out. Based on that price, the Costco price is pretty good deal. I have seen other places sell the pieces for $40 each.

It must be new because when I was at Costco last, I did see a cradle and highchair set, but it wasn't the same one (I don't think it was Kidkraft).

I have to tell you however, that I am not so pleased with the quality of the highchair. I put it together last night, and the paint on some of the pieces was chipped. Also, the screws are painted white to match the wood, and the paint on the screws was scratched and coming off all over the place. I don't know if I would dissuade you from buying it for $35 however. And I know that my dd will love it. I think I am more mad at myself because I only have the highchair and I could've gotten both for about the same price!

annasmom
12-05-2005, 11:11 AM
ctmom, I just realized it was you who posted this question! We were talking about playsilks last week! We seem to be after the same things! What did you decide to do about that? I decided to buy the rainbow set from Juliet at bumbershootbaby.com, but they are currently out of stock of the size I want. I also found some at a local store, so if I cannot get them before Christmas, I plan on picking up 1-2 there.

The more I think about the Kidkraft cradle & highchair, the angrier I am at myself!! I think if I get out of work early today, I may stop by the Costco and check it out! But what am I going to do with 2 highchairs??

ctmom
12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Hi Eileen,

I haven't ordered any playsilks yet, but when I do, it will be from toygarden.com, that has been the best price I can find. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to give them to both my dd's for x-mas or if I will wait until dd#1 b-day in Feb and start to give some then and the others to both dd's for easter...how much were they at your local toy store? As for the highchair, can you just hold onto it and give it to someone, friend/family, for a b-day present? That is what I would do! As soon as I drop dd#1 off at school this afternoon, I'm on my way to Costco, I'll let you know if I was able to get it!
Mary

annasmom
12-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Mary, definitely let me know what you think about the Costco highchair and cradle. My local store had playsilks for $10 each. And now that I think about it, it really doesn't make sense to get them there when atoygarden has 8 for $40! I am just SO SICK of paying shipping costs! That is part of the reason I am not returning the Kidkraft highchair now that I know about the Costco set. I doubt shipping for playsilks would be very significant however. Ugh! I think I am just going to wait until bumbershootbaby has stock again, I just really love the colors!

ctmom
12-05-2005, 05:11 PM
the highchair/crib combo from Costco wasn't Kidkraft but I got it anyway. Costco sells a three piece baby doll furniture set from Kidkraft on their website but not in the stores. It is from a company called Badger Toys, never heard of them. I like the crib a lot because it has storage underneath, maybe my girls will actually clean up after they finish playing with the baby dolls, I can only dream!!

highchair
http://www.badgerbasket.com/products/productPage.asp?PID=280&CID=11
crib
http://www.badgerbasket.com/products/productPage.asp?PID=290&CID=9

I hear you on the shipping, but for $10 each at a local store, it is worth buying online...

Good luck!
Mary

annasmom
12-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Really cute! I am sure your girls will love them!

kaileysmom
12-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I am looking for a gift for mt 9 yr old cousin. Do you think this is something she would enjoy? I know she likes dolls, but do 9 yr olds play with these kind of things?

ctmom
12-07-2005, 07:31 AM
If she is 9 she might already have all the doll furniture she needs. I have a niece who stopping playing with her babydoll stuff when she was 11 and another when she was 7 so it really depends on the kid. Maybe you can ask her mom...

ddmarsh
12-07-2005, 08:23 AM
I bought the Badger set at Costco and could believe what a bargain it was. The cradle alone retails for around $49 I believe. I have a Badger old fashioned doll buggy and it is well made. They also make the traditional real baby bassinets, which is what I had for all of my children.

HTH -

applesauce
12-07-2005, 08:58 AM
I can't seem to find them and 8 for $40 is very good.

annasmom
12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
click on creative play, and then you will see the option for playsilks.

ctmom
12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
here is the link...
http://www.atoygarden.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1114

zuzu
12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
We just picked up the Badger set, too. I wasn't sure if we'd keep it, but I've learned my Costco lesson to buy now and return later to avoid missing out on things. :) I like the storage area under the crib, and am glad to hear it's such a great bargain and well made. I hadn't heard of the brand before, so I had no idea.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)