PDA

View Full Version : What are the best Raffi or Laurie Berkner CDs?

sue_g
12-05-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't have any Raffi or Laurie Berkner CDs and wanted to know what are the best ones to start with for 20 month ds. Also, are the Raffi CDS better?

Momof3Labs
12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
We like Laurie much better than Raffi. Buzz Buzz is a great place to start for Laurie, but we also like We Are the Dinosaurs (I think that's the name) a lot too!

kensjen
12-05-2005, 02:23 PM
We like Laurie better, too. Our favorite is Under a Shady Tree. Even Daddy really likes this CD. Buzz Buzz is a close second.

brittone2
12-05-2005, 02:57 PM
I prefer the sound of Lauri Berkner, DS prefers Raffi ;) I like Buzz Buzz and we recently downloaded Under a Shady Tree and we like it too. DS could listen to Raffi's song Joshua Giraffe until my head explodes ;) and he also likes Baby Beluga. Both of those are on the Baby Beluga CD. Singable Songs for the Very Young was the first Raffi CD we ever bought and DS liked that a lot too.
If you download music at all, you could pick and choose off of itunes or a similar site and get a more varied selection for the money...

sdbc
12-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Not the musicians you requested, but I have to throw in a pitch for Jessica Harper. Our FAVORITE CD is "It's a Wonderful Life". Rory adores this CD and my husband and I both love it, too. Her songs are very clever (and cute), and the music itself is nice to listen to.

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

traciann
12-05-2005, 05:32 PM
We have Laurie Berkner Buzz Buzz and Victor Vito. DD loves Victor Vito most. I borrowed a bunch of her cd's from the library to see which ones she responded to the most.

Traci

darby24
12-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I think you just need to experiment to see who you and your son like. For instantce, at 20mos my nephew loved John Lithgow's Singing in the bathtub.

We've been big faithful Raffi fans though. We have them all and the only big duds in my book are; Raffi Radio and Evergreen Everblue. Starting off with any of his originals (singable songs, more singable songs and corner grocery store) is a good bet. They're mainly filled with short traditional nursery songs. Our favourites tend to be, Baby Beluga, Let's Play and the Live in Concert. Right now Raffi Christmas is on full rotation :-)

There's also lots of these threads in the past, just search for Raffi and Laura Berkner