PDA

View Full Version : peek a blocks

mommabear
12-07-2005, 12:58 PM
Which is the best toy to buy with blocks. Been looking at the hippo.
thanks

Hippoharbor
12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
We only have two peek a block sets, the shape sorter and the train. DS, who is almost 10 months likes playing with the train but has not yet gotten into the shape sorter.

Michelle

lilycat88
12-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Susanna is a big fan of this one...a Giraffe, I think.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31028.jpg

Jamelin
Mom to Susanna born 6/29/2004

kensjen
12-07-2005, 06:01 PM
DS really liked the train and the giraffe. We returned the hippo, it didn't "eat" the blocks like it was supposed to, and in general wasn't that much fun for DS.

Oh, I almost forgot his favorite is the incrediblock! He still plays with that thing! :)

kath68
12-07-2005, 06:11 PM
The hippo isn't all that hot, in my opinion. It doesn't work well as a ride-on toy (not very smooth), and the block-eating option isn't all that interesting if you aren't riding on it. It never gets played with here.

laretce6
12-07-2005, 07:08 PM
If you do a search on the boards for peek-a-blocks you should find a lot of discussion on this. They were flavor of the month for awhile and people were collecting all the sets, etc. :-)

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

daniele_ut
12-07-2005, 07:33 PM
DS has the Giraffe that Susanna is playing with in that cute pic and he loves it now that he's figured out how to drop the blocks in! We've had it since June and he's just started really playing with it. I have the Shape Sorter and the Poppity Pop Elephant under the Christmas tree for him.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
12-07-2005, 09:27 PM
We have the giraffe and it wasn't a big hit. It topples over easily so DD just likes to shake it. It's pretty rare that she actually puts the blocks down the hatch. We don't have any other peek-a-blocks toy. We do have the roll-a-rounds gumball machine and the ocean wonders fishbowl and both of those are BIG hits.

connors_mom
12-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Another vote for the train. Connor would crawl after it when he was 6 months and it still gets played with daily at 15 months!

Lisa

http://b2.lilypie.com/qucOm5/.png[/img][/url] http://bd.lilypie.com/Dhckm6/.png[/img][/url]

mommyoftwo
12-08-2005, 03:35 PM
We bought the incrediblock for DD's first b-day and she loves it. She turned two last month and still plays with it almost every day. As she has gotten older, different parts of it have caught her attention. I denitely recommend it.

Jessica

klc92201
12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Sara loves the peek a blocks. She has lots of blocks and the shape sorter which is a big hit here. I love it because even though she hasn't figured out how to put the shapes through she can put them in the top because it is so big.

She also has the christmas themed train and the incrediblock coming for Christmas.

Man I am so bummbed that the hippo is a flop, our friend gave us there's because she was done with it, she never rode it but loved to push it around. I was thinking about giving her that too for Chirstmas!

Heather

Mamma2004
12-08-2005, 03:58 PM
The ***INCREDIBLOCK***!!!! DS plays with it daily and has for the past 6 months (since he rec'd it for his first b-day).

HTH!
Stephanie