PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Waldorf Dolls

annasmom
12-08-2005, 09:31 AM
As usual I am late to the game. I just realized how beautiful these dolls are! I know it is too late for this holiday season, but I was hoping to get some information so that I am prepared for the future.

First, I was wondering where people have bought their Waldorf dolls. I have searched the archives and I know there have been a few coops with Joy's Waldorf dolls. I have also checked out the dolls by Where's Waldorf, Weir Dolls, Kathe Kruse and Magic Cabin.

Can anyone offer any opinions or reviews??

Also, because my dc are bi-racial, I would really LOVE to see some pictures of the dolls because I am really interested in the skin-tone choices. It is really hard to tell from the websites.

THANK YOU!!

bluestar2
12-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Is there a Waldorf school near you? I've seen them at the local school's small shop. They sell dolls, art supplies, toys etc and there are some pretty neat things in there. Some schools have shops and some don't so you may want to call first. They may be able to direct you to some B&M sources in your area or more online sources. You just might find something for this holiday season ;-)

dules
12-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty certain that Joy or Weir's will send you skin and hair color swatches. I am making a doll from a Joy's kit and so far she's adorable. I agree with you though on the online colors - if I had ordered a hair color swatch I would have chosen a different wig. I was trying to match my DD's hair color and it really doesn't - but it is nice nonetheless - not worth returning/asking for an exchange.

My DD has the small Kathe Kruse "toddler doll" in brown hair/brown eyes and for $50 I think she was an excellent deal. She's really cute and soft. You should know that her cap is sewn on though.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Mary