PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: What brands do you recommend for table and chairs?

wilelm
12-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Well, I got a set, but it isn't the PBK one, or anything like it! I was talking to my mom long-distance and she was looking at the same time and found this Battat one. I couldn't pass it up, it includes: the table; 2 chairs; 1 bench; 3 paint pots; 3 8-oz. paints; 3 paint brushes; a roll of paper; and a storage bin that comes out from underneath. Plus, I think it's really cute, and Miriam is really into the stars and planets, the moon, etc. It was $125 plus $45 shipping, and I used the ebay PayPal code to get $15 off.

Is there anyone who has/has seen this one that can tell me if it was a good price for the quality? Not that it matters now!

I love the PBK ones, but I've spent too much already. I want a good-quality, affordable table with 4 chairs. I don't want to spend more than $200. Anything out there that fits the bill?

Sheila
Mama to Miriam, 03/10/03 and
Gabriel, 12/30/04

sdbc
12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
Pier 1 Kids has something in that range. The table is 69 and sets of two chairs are 69. That is a sale price for the holidays. I'm waiting to see if it will be cheaper than that after the holidays...

Sue, mommy to Aurora (Rory) born 5/13/04

OctoberPrincess
12-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Babystyle has a really cute table with 2 chairs for $129 and they have tons of promotions going on this month, you can buy the other 2 chairs but I really didn't look into the price for them. I doin't believe the total price would exceed $200 though.

AmyZ
12-13-2005, 12:18 PM
I wasn't planning on getting the PBK table and chairs, but I happened to walk into the store one day and they were trying to get rid of their floor model craft table. They offered me 40% off which made the table $147 instead of $229. I took it, and while the guy was loading it in my car he happened to bump the table so he let me buy 2 chairs at 20% off each! Just in case you happen to have your heart set on it - you might want to ask at the store if they are going to try to sell off their floor model!

Amy Z

"Ma!" to Eliana May 2/5/04

Beth568
12-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Well, I've looked at TONS of kids' furniture in my unending quest for decent quality stuff to paint for my website.

Kid Kraft furniture, which is sold (I believe) at both Target and Walmart, is actually pretty good. The Avalon set, which I've seen on Target's web site, is nice enough and the chairs are pretty sturdy. I'm not all that thrilled with what I see at Pottery Barn - I love the look of many of their pieces, but the quality doesn't justify the price, IMO - you end up paying a lot for the PBK brand (which I believe to be true of their bedding as well, despite the very cute designs).

You can also get something well within that price range at IKEA - they have a line of prepainted furniture called Kritter, I think, that's very cute (I don't see it on their web site), and has cutouts of a dog and cat on the back of the benches/chairs.

Which PBK styles appeal to you most? I may be able to point you in some other directions if you have a specific look in mind...but for the basics, KidKraft is usually my first recommendation for someone who wants a plain table/chair set.

zuzu
12-14-2005, 09:10 AM
We have the Avalon set from KidKraft, and have been happy with it. (We've had problems with other KidKraft products, but this set seems well made and is very sturdy.) We paid just over $100 for it about a year ago at buybuyBaby, using one of their 20% off coupons. It came with two chairs, but they sell extra chairs in pairs.

I know there have been many threads on table and chair sets in the past, so you may want to do a search.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)